Diablo® III

transfer license from PC to Mac?

So I have a crappy PC right now. At the end of the summer, I'll be getting a nice Mac desktop. Can I buy a Diablo III license in May, play it on my PC, and then switch it over to my Mac a few months later without having to repurchase the game? (Once I get the Mac, I'll never plan to play on my PC again.)

If I do, will my characters and all that transfer over, too?
Reply Quote
You don't need to transfer license. You can play on your account on any computer that has the game installed, as long as you login with your b.net credentials. There is no limit on downloads or installs of the actual game client.
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
it's an unrelated note, but if you're really wanting a mac, just throw together a computer on newegg. You'll get a lot more power for your money, and you can still install a mac OS on it. If you absolutely have to get a mac, don't buy a pre-assembled one from the mac website, or you're just getting horribly ripped off.

But yeah, once you own a game on your account, you can download any client for it. You could even try it out right now with another blizzard game you own, if you're unsure. Just go to your account page, click on games, and download their client. It gives you the option of windows or mac OS, no hassle going between the two
Reply Quote
Great news! Thanks, everyone! (and thanks for the extra tip Anaphylaxis!)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]