Diablo® III

The most horrifying monster in Diablo history

Let us all take a second to think back and remember that glowing neon yellow zombie that set many warrior's amygdala's ringing in their heads. He wasn't the smartest of enemies, and certainly not the fastest, yet with a low groan and a slow shuffle of his feet, he would launch himself (at a speed of one metre per hour) towards his potential prey. As he swung his arm up, ready to bring it down upon the fools that stood in front of him, deadly silence filled the halls; demons everywhere wondering if he would make the slightest contact. He rarely did, but when he did...

No healer or potion could ever hope to undo the damage brought on by this foulest of the undead. Many warriors left Tristram emotionally scarred. Others were not so lucky. The Lord of Terror himself would no doubt cower before these unholy monstrosities. These lumbering abominations that dared to break the sacred video game code of honor.

And so, let us remember the almighty Black Death. The neon zombie whose attack permanently reduced the HP of its victims. Yes, PERMANENTLY. Let that sink in for a while.

Blizzard pretends that their new Inferno mode will be hard. Inferno's Act 4 Final Boss wets himself at the mere mention of the legendary Black Death.

May they one day return and remind us of the true meaning of fear.
Edited by D3BETA on 3/31/2012 10:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Well my very first experience with hell mode I ran out at level 47 crappy gear and got killed in one hit by either a quill rat or a zombie. It was a multiplayer game so they were stronger so strong in fact a single zombie was an epic battle.
Reply Quote
Definitely fearful. I usually left games that had black deaths in them, but not always unless I was on a warrior of course.

Black deaths made a return in D2 as stygian dolls, and instead of losing health you lost money.
Reply Quote
I still remember my first heroic Sorc with negative lite res teleporting into a gang of Gloams in the Great Marsh in Nightmare: it really scared the crap out of me! (yeah, it was insta-death).
Reply Quote
Most Horrifing monster in Diablo's History....

Dude, you got it ALL wrong....

I'll just say...

"ahhhhh FRESH MEAT!"

And THAT my bro, BEATS everything you got, and u know it.
Reply Quote
It has been way too long since I played D1 so I had to look up what the black death were, once I saw the "mustard zombie" as my friend called them 'cause he couldn't remember their names but now that I have seen them again I have to agree they are one of the worst monsters in the Diablo universe, but my personal pick would have to be Durial I hated that SOB 'cause he has killed me more then any other monster in the Diablo universe.
Reply Quote
When original diablo was released I was about 9 and the butcher scared the hell out of me. The entire halls of the blind too, I can still hear them....
Reply Quote
Most Horrifing monster in Diablo's History....

Dude, you got it ALL wrong....

I'll just say...

"ahhhhh FRESH MEAT!"

And THAT my bro, BEATS everything you got, and u know it.

Nah I'd say he's the most memorable.
Reply Quote
Babdah, i think that the "halls of the blind" poem, is the best text ingame that i had the pleasure to hear.

I still remember it

"I can see what you see not"

HELL YEAH!!!!!!
Reply Quote
I also hated those damn dolls! Anything with ce was devistating for me. Having said that, Nihlathak is probably my #1. Just going to look for him raises my heart rate a bit..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]