Diablo® III

Bitter Sweet

So i was thinking to myself. This game could be bitter sweet. First a lil back round info. Im 25 in 1 week. Most of my hardcore days of gaming will be over in the next few years im sure. Ive played some awesome games in my lifetime so far. Im also a PC gamer 100%. While i do enjoy console games PC games are where its at.

So my point is. I think this game will be "Sweet" because its going to be awesome. I love the Diablo serious and all blizzard games per say. D3 is going to bring me back to what it felt like to game 10 years ago. I know that after playing that beta.

The "Bitter" part is that this could very well be the last great PC game I play. I mean if your that big of a fan like I am (and as old or older) this game could very well be the last great PC game you play. Therefore making it bitter sweet.

Anyone else agree?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman

The "Bitter" part is that this could very well be the last great PC game I play. I mean if your that big of a fan like I am (and as old or older) this game could very well be the last great PC game you play. Therefore making it bitter sweet.

Anyone else agree?

Why?

If you enjoy gaming, why would you stop? because you're aging? that's absurd..

The only reason you'd stop is if you no longer enjoy gaming, and if you no longer enjoy gaming then it's no longer bitter, because you don't want to do it..
Reply Quote
Wow... Being 25 myself, I have to say you just might be right. My life's moving forward and I'm growing up... I still remember hearing the child's cries in the labyrinth of D1 and feeling real dread at like 3am. Played Starcrafts and Warcrafts extensively also, but my time for games has progressively gotten shorter. Though I look forward to continuing gaming for the rest of my life, this will most likely be the last true 'obsession'. Cheers, m8.
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Shaman
You are 25 not 80, I know people that are gaming at 60, there will be better games made.
Reply Quote
03/31/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Koltraine
Wow... Being 25 myself, I have to say you just might be right. My life's moving forward and I'm growing up... I still remember hearing the child's cries in the labyrinth of D1 and feeling real dread at like 3am. Played Starcrafts and Warcrafts extensively also, but my time for games has progressively gotten shorter. Though I look forward to continuing gaming for the rest of my life, this will most likely be the last true 'obsession'. Cheers, m8.

This guy knows. What i mean is ill always be a gamer. But this is probably going to be the last game i play over 24 hours straight at release. If that helps any
Reply Quote
I'm 26. Why would this be the last PC game I play? Am I getting hit by a Bus tomorrow?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
03/31/2012 11:39 PMPosted by D3BETA

This guy knows. What i mean is ill always be a gamer. But this is probably going to be the last game i play over 24 hours straight at release. If that helps any

You're 25 year old students, not vietnam war veterans.. You have about 5/8 of your life still to go, are you going to spend all of it playing bridge at your Country Club, senior?
Reply Quote
No worries bro. I'm a couple years ahead of you (27), got a house, a full-time job, and a wife who tolerates my three hours of video gaming per day. However, I do expect that time to be diminish drastically once the babies start arriving...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]