Diablo® III

Good lord Barb is brutal! Big synergy build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bXYViT!dhc!acbaab

I like to think passives dictate the skills that should be used. I spent alot of time here thinking of a big dmg, lifegain build. Stay at max fury, and get 25% dmg bonus from berzerk rage while the only spender is battle rage with the bonus dmg rune for a total of 55% dmg once u shout and gain back 20 fury to get to max. 55%!!

Passives--

Bloodthirst- gains life from the huge dmg coming from the dmg buffs.

unforgiving- no fury loss means u enter each battle with the buff, as opposed to having to build up when walking from pack to pack.

berzerkers rage- 25% dmg buff when at max fury wich is always since theres only 1 spender!

skills-------------

Cleave+rupture- aoe fury gen w exploding bonus

leap+death from above- rune causes 3 sec stun.

ground stomp+trembling- dmg along w stun. after a leap means 7 sec of stun!

REvenge+veng is mine- Gain 10% life per enemy hit. debating the rune that causes it to happen 30% of time instead.

Battle rage+marauders rage- rune makes dmg 30% for 15 sec! only fury spender and only 20 fury.

Quake+mountains call- rune makes it cost zero fury and lowers cooldown.
Reply Quote
you have lots of fury generaters but nothing that spends it. youll just have a full bar of fury and no big fury dump. earthwuake would be but you glyphed it so it cost nothing anyway.
Reply Quote
04/02/2012 05:59 PMPosted by D3BETA
you have lots of fury generaters but nothing that spends it. youll just have a full bar of fury and no big fury dump. earthwuake would be but you glyphed it so it cost nothing anyway.

The idea is to stay at max fury and get the berzerker passive buff. 25% dmg buff all the time as long as you stay at max fury.

This allows the Quake itself to get the buff as opposed to quake costing fury, hence ridding the passive buff. I think its a pretty good interaction actually. Quake goes from 2000% dmg over 8 to 2500% dmg over 8....hmmm, after a battle rage and 15 fury gain (back to max for the passive) thats an additional 30%! 55% extra quake dmg! Over 3000% over 8 sec!
Edited by Protox on 4/2/2012 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You could easily get rid of your Unforgiving Passive and still stay capped. It takes ~5 seconds or so before you start to lose Fury, and if you open up with Leap / Ground Stomp combo, you'll be back at full before you start your normal attacks. Perhaps replace it with another defensive passive (Tough as Nails or Superstition) or even go with Ruthless to gain 50% more damage to crits.

I'm not sure if Quake bonus damage is multiplicative. 2000% Base, + 30% from Battle Rage, +25% from Berserker Rage... That would be over 3000%, but additive would be 2055%. Any source on this?
Edited by D3BETA on 4/2/2012 6:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is pretty much the build i'm going to be going... you thief!
Reply Quote
You could easily get rid of your Unforgiving Passive and still stay capped. It takes ~5 seconds or so before you start to lose Fury, and if you open up with Leap / Ground Stomp combo, you'll be back at full before you start your normal attacks. Perhaps replace it with another defensive passive (Tough as Nails or Superstition) or even go with Ruthless to gain 50% more damage to crits.

I'm not sure if Quake bonus damage is multiplicative. 2000% Base, + 30% from Battle Rage, +25% from Berserker Rage... That would be over 3000%, but additive would be 2055%. Any source on this?

Ah ok I was thinking the same about not needing the passive. But I was thinking that it would give max fury for those stretches between battles where your just running and not fighting.

Or I was thinking I could use another fury spell and keep the passive. But I agree with leap and stomp I'll build fury easy. Just a I said before, I want to stay at Max even during those stretches of not fighting or catching up to the group or standing around or whatever the case. Either way, I think my build idea is pretty brutal.
Reply Quote
I'm still pretty confident that Blizzard will wreck builds like this - particularly the Berserker Rage passive.

A great deal of builds I'm seeing on the barb forum seem to be going this way, but you have to ask - Why would Blizzard go through all the effort of developing the Fury resource only to throw in a passive that completely negates it?
Reply Quote
I'm still pretty confident that Blizzard will wreck builds like this - particularly the Berserker Rage passive.

A great deal of builds I'm seeing on the barb forum seem to be going this way, but you have to ask - Why would Blizzard go through all the effort of developing the Fury resource only to throw in a passive that completely negates it?

No way blizzard nerfs it. It's a totally different style and they want to keep the dif styles. I am Protox, that's my Starcraft forum avatar so I switched I to this by the way. This is MY build, haven't seen any others like it. This and my treasure hunter build are my own innovations. I think they want people to come up with different builds and will preserve it. I hope so at least.

Fury dump builds are great too and here's a lot of great skills to use.
Reply Quote
04/04/2012 08:41 PMPosted by D3BETA
No way blizzard nerfs it. It's a totally different style and they want to keep the dif styles.

I know they're keen on people playing with different styles, but they're usually not keen on styles that circumvent the systems they have in place....

And I don't mean specifically your build - I just mean all of the builds that focus on not spending any fury because of how tempting the 25% damage bonus from berserker rage is.

It's fair enough that they're tempted by it too. I built a spreadsheet the other day for comparing Bash to Frenzy using HotA every time it was available. Using the data from that spreadsheet, I can see that using bash and staying at full fury with berserker rage is about 7% more damage than using bash and hota every time it's usable.

When they've gone through this whole development idea of barbs generating fury with slighty weaker moves and spending it on more powerful moves, does it really make sense for spamming the generator alone to do more damage?
Reply Quote
36 Worgen Druid
Here is another take on one of the build you are thinking of.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bXYQiT!dgS!aYZcab

The synergy you are going for is capping fury for an additional 25% damage. Another synergy you can play off of instead is not caring about Fury at all really and play off the area synergy.

By adding in two "draw" abilities to gather mobs closer to you, you gain another synergy with Brawler, increasing damage by 30% when it matters, which is when you have multiple mobs on you.

So your initial leap will help pull in those pesky ranged guys and group things and increase your damage radius to 16y. Your groundstomp then goes even further out to 24y and pulls the mobs in to you even closer. From here you have the option of an Earthquake if its up, going out to 18y and pretty much ensuring with the two draws that it hits basically everything...or if it's on cooldown, you have your cleave.

I initially removed the Stuns, because while they decrease damage intake, at the same time they also reduce your ability to use Revenge. However, to increase survivability I took revenge out and switched it to Overpower with a 10% per victim life gain. The damage is lower and the radius is smaller, however the draw abilities should ensure a huge life gain and the fact that Overpower can be triggered anytime you want, gives a form of an Oh !@#$ button and should increase the survivability of the build quite a bit along with the basic stun from the stomp

Overpower also gains synergy with your extra crit chance and AE moves (a huge synergy if any crit can lower the cooldown...much less of a synergy if only crits from overpower itself can lower the cooldown).

But in this build, you get 5% more damage than being at full fury all the time. The only place this will lower your damage that you care about is against solo boss mobs, in every other situation it will beat out the max fury buff.

You also get to play off of not having to run around all over the place to get to mobs, you just keep sucking them in towards you, herding them and killing them off with massive ae damage which in turn keeps filling up your life bar.

When you get in over your head, you have Overpower to fill you back up.

But I like your build :) These are just some other synergies you may want to consider.
Edited by Pestwulf on 4/5/2012 8:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
^ I like it! I looked at the draw in synergies and they work nicely I'll bet. Im not a fan of brawler right now but full game is when we will know what we need for each act.
Reply Quote
14 Worgen Hunter
I'd get rid of Unforgiving and get Brawler instead, that'll give you even more of a damage bonus provided you stay in the fray.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
so far this is what im looking at for normal and nightmare mode, a strict AOE build but later on im going to use my dmg. redux/ life back build for hell and inferno

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bcXQiT!gSZ!aaYZab
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aZUdij!Yeb!aaabaZ

I wanted to share my build I will start tackling nightmare with. Please give me feedback if you think I will be able to start nightmare with these skills. THanks yall!!

@kirumi You are using a lot of level 60 skills when you probably wont even be level 30 or maybe 40 if you clear every monster.
Edited by BehemothGHun#1549 on 5/11/2012 2:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/05/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Fuzzee
I'd get rid of Unforgiving and get Brawler instead, that'll give you even more of a damage bonus provided you stay in the fray.

The problem I have with that is you have a decent ramp up time where you HAVE to build fury to get the dmg bonus.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bQYVRT!hgc!.abc.b

Though I do like brawler. I can rely on items to leech health, but I doubt items will make fury not degenerate.

I don't know how viable this really is though. Seems interesting.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bZYVST!YVT!YcZcZb

I plan on running this on my Barb. Cleave to deal with groups of enemies, HotA for good single-target damage, and everything else is pretty self explanatory.
Reply Quote
I think you will have serious defensive as well as single target problems.

You have zero damage mitigation skills and zero passive healing skills which means when you get CC'd, with regard to your skills at least, you're basically naked.

When you're fighting Diablo do you really expect that you'll be able to stand toe to toe and cleave him down? You've got earthquake which is nice, but one EQ wont do it and it's got almost a 2 minute CD.
Reply Quote
I think you will have serious defensive as well as single target problems.

You have zero damage mitigation skills and zero passive healing skills which means when you get CC'd, with regard to your skills at least, you're basically naked.

When you're fighting Diablo do you really expect that you'll be able to stand toe to toe and cleave him down? You've got earthquake which is nice, but one EQ wont do it and it's got almost a 2 minute CD.

You should probably quote whoever you are referring to, my friend. :p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]