Diablo® III

My Witch Doctor Build Ideas :D

So I just now started to mess around with the skill calculator, and I decided to draw up some theme-based builds for a WD.

Disclaimer! These are not necessarily ideal builds for characters. I am, however, trying to set my character up with a sort of skill theme, while still having him be functional. Feel free to CCC (Comment, complain, criticize) the builds and offer suggestions, as I might be using some of these in the future.

So my first idea was this purely offensive fire based WD. He has almost no defense-based skills except for the Zombie Dogs. This is the kind of guy that is supposed to get up in monsters faces, where he can then spray large fire AoE spells over groups of enemies, compounding that with fire's DoT bonuses. I can see some issues here because he has very little in the way of defense, so in Inferno, one could argue he'd be easily killable. I love fire, though, and this is the one build I'm seriously considering doing.

This would be my group-play build. I have a couple friends who are going to play the DH and Barb, so I figured I'd try a purely supporting, defensive build out. Paired up with my friends, do you think it would be possible to ride through Inferno with this? Offensive Barb, offensive DH, and a completely defensive and supportive WD? Or would it be recommended that I use an offensive WD too, because the extra damage is needed? I never thought about this before.

This is my spirit based WD, and my final build idea for now. He's got a good mix of offensive and defensive skills, and there's not much to say about this build. It's pretty self explanatory lol

So, feel free to offer suggestions to my builds :D
Reply Quote
The fire explosion witch doctor seems awesome, but we'll have to wait and see if you can get enough mana to lob that many explosions around.
Reply Quote
04/05/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Elite
The fire explosion witch doctor seems awesome, but we'll have to wait and see if you can get enough mana to lob that many explosions around.

Thanks lol. There are only so many options for fire based skills for the WD, though.I wish they had some sort of fire rune effect for acid cloud D:
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)