Diablo® III

Will legendary items have specific affixes?

100 Draenei Mage
Kind of like in D2. I am noticing a return of some of the unique items in the legendary section such as Magefist. Will magefist in this game give a % increase to fire damage or something along those lines? (Magefist in D2 gave +1 to fire skills)

I know there is no +skill effects in D3, but will legendary items have specific affixes unavailable to crafted items?
Reply Quote
It is still to early to tell what might all the stats on the items will be, but however i highly doubt it will be like the mage fists in d2 since the stats in d3 are somewhat different than in d2. But you really never know. =P
Reply Quote
Well they do still have all the IK set for barbs, and Nats for DH, so you never know. Magefist also gave +%fcr if i recall correctly, but I'm sure their will be items that increase certain elements or aspects. Like Fort did for physical dmg, im sure other items will have +% to dmg.
Reply Quote
04/09/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Switch
I know there is no +skill effects in D3, but will legendary items have specific affixes unavailable to crafted items?

There are at the very least 50 craftable legandaries.

04/09/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Switch
Kind of like in D2. I am noticing a return of some of the unique items in the legendary section such as Magefist. Will magefist in this game give a % increase to fire damage or something along those lines? (Magefist in D2 gave +1 to fire skills)

Last we were told anything about affixs on legendaries there will be some pre-set and some random affixes on each.
Edited by Shandlar on 4/10/2012 2:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
04/10/2012 02:32 AMPosted by Shandlar
There are at the very least 50 craftable legandaries.

You mean "brown font" legendaries? I thought it just ended at rare (yellow)
04/10/2012 02:32 AMPosted by Shandlar
Last we were told anything about affixs on legendaries there will be some pre-set and some random affixes on each.
I hope +skill isn't dead. I feel that added a certain addictive dynamic to D2.

Everything being +FCR or + AP or + Int/Dex/Str would be boring.
Edited by Switch on 4/10/2012 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/blacksmith-plan/#type=legendary&page=1

30 craftable legendaries, one for each item, then 9 craftable sets, bare minimum 3 in each, probably 5 in each.

57-75+ craftable legendary items. They've merely decided not to show us DPS and Armour stats on these until launch. They do exist. Also we can infer due to this...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/crafting-material/

...that the removal of all the legendary materials other than brimstones means all ~75 of those items are inferno only and therefore level 60 end game gear.

There are currently +skill affixes that have been datamined, not gonna post any here cause there are no spoiler tags. You can find them on fan sites. They don't really look all that powerful however.
Reply Quote
Their where certain affixes that where NEVER allowed on rares, this was because they where to strong to be randomized with other combos. They where balanced on the item.

Cannot be Frozen for example
Reply Quote
Can we sell un-IDed items? If so, I imagine most people will be selling those in the AH.
Reply Quote
04/11/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Suzut
Can we sell un-IDed items? If so, I imagine most people will be selling those in the AH.

Ohh man now that is quite a bag of worms...
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
Their where certain affixes that where NEVER allowed on rares, this was because they where to strong to be randomized with other combos. They where balanced on the item.

Cannot be Frozen for example

Then how with crafted be better than legendary?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]