Diablo® III

SEA server or NA server

So, who will decide to play on the SEA server as opposed to the NA server. To my understanding the RMAH will not be cross server? (correct me if im wrong, i havnt been here for awhile). NA server with better economy but more lag, or SEA server with less lag, and lower economy.
Reply Quote
Given that SEA players are connecting to NA by default, NA it is.

I'm still split as to whether there will be a SEA server at all.
Reply Quote
The lag difference is negotiable. I'm definitely going NA, my foreign language skills are fairly lacking.
Reply Quote
Given that SEA players are connecting to NA by default, NA it is.

I'm still split as to whether there will be a SEA server at all.

Oh really? Fair enough, playing the beta i didnt really have much lag issues, it was ~250 ping but thats what it always was for d2 any way. I dont really notice that much. If there was a sea server though, would you/any one play on it?
Reply Quote
04/09/2012 11:45 PMPosted by kilk
If there was a sea server though, would you/any one play on it?

I'd stick to NA regardless; more going on and lag is negligible.
Reply Quote
Yeh, i was always planning on going with NA anyway.

The 2 accounts are separate, so characters cannot be shared, and nor can items.

So this also goes for the AHs as well.
Reply Quote
I thought Aust and NZ played on NA server for Diablo 3?

But yeah I'd probably play on NA, unless I have friends who refused to play on anything but SEA and I wanted to join them...
Reply Quote
- ANZ
I'd prefer SEA. My experiences with each community leaves me liking SEA more.
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    [TCP]Mathmick - Most Valuable Poster
    http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/36798 - The Most Valuable Poster program info

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFiAhu1ONKs&t=5m40s
Reply Quote
Hmm, I made a post about this earlier:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4366253230

I'm concerned about transfer of characters to a SEA server when it becomes available (if characters are server-bound). We are all likely to start on NA server on release. Just saying, yea.
Edited by D3BETA on 4/10/2012 12:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Seeing as how they both go to the NA server I'm going with SEA as I'll be playing a lot and expect less market inflation from the SEA RMAH region.
Reply Quote
Going NA for busier RMAH market.
Reply Quote
SEA, dont mind about less players would rather connect to a closer server.
Reply Quote
pretty sure there is no SEA server, but even if there is i'd rather the NA one. haven't forgotten how much of a difference there was with latency for starcraft 2 when you compared the two.
Reply Quote
Ah c'mon guys, did none of you get any of the memos from CM's? One of them is a sticky in Gen chat... you could have at least read the FAQ they set up for us.

There isn't a SEA server...

Hence: we simply have a subforum here.
Edited by ArtVandelay on 4/10/2012 7:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Now this is a very good question.

Many Australians and others in our pacific region have this issue of which server to use. As did I. I've not read anywhere that there is no SEA for D3 like there is for SC2. And lagwise for SC2 I get the same latency roughly for SEA and NA. I've beaten the campaign on both servers. before I decided to make NA my home.

And the sticky just says NA is now our default server not SEA. It does not say there is no SEA server. only that the one we will first log into (before we change it if we want to) will be NA. Well that's how I understood the sticky.

So I think we need to let the word out to our friends in our area to log the NA server.
Reply Quote
Ah c'mon guys, did none of you get any of the memos from CM's? One of them is a sticky in Gen chat... you could have at least read the FAQ they set up for us.

There isn't a SEA server...Hence: we simply have a subforum here.

I don't understand, did you even read some of the replies? I said IF there was a SEA server would you play. Some one already pointed out your fact and now I was just wondering what the general consensus was, But thanks for that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]