Diablo® III

Exact release time

85 Blood Elf Paladin
So what time will the game go live over here (east coast AUS).

Should be sometime around 5pm Tuesday the 15th, if it's a midnight release over there. Anyone know if it will be going live over there at midnight, or sometime during the day? And I assume it's based off Californian time.

I need to have everything set up for the long haul... Pepsi, chocolate, frozen pies, chamber pot.
Reply Quote
99.99% sure it is 5pm AEST - almost exactly 35 days.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
If it's released midnight in California it's released something like 5:09pm AEST.

Force from Forcestrategygaming is looking into it, I asked him about it and hopefully he is able to get an answer from someone, or someone else with more information posts here :)

Either way 35 days to go to a 2 week D3 Marathon for me :)

+1 OP
Reply Quote
It's a pity a midnight release makes no sense for us.

I remember all those years ago going to my first and only midnight game launch... for Diablo II.

I trekked halfway across Sydney for that event. The hours playing leading up to dawn were the most surreal and amazing of my life.

Ah nostalgia ;)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I may have taken time off work for this release... don't judge me.
Reply Quote
I may be ignoring all uni and work for this...judge me...JUDGE ME WELL!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You wouldn't be the first nor last Xvg.. Wrath of the Lich King I took time off life let alone work.. lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
If it's based off US, California, here's a nifty countdown!

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?msg=Diablo+3+Release&day=15&month=5&year=2012&hour=0&min=00&sec=01&p0=224
Reply Quote
yes, 5:00pm Tuesday May 15th AEST is when the game goes live, for those farther east, work it out yourselves from that.

I think SA and NT will be 4:30pm and WA will be 2:00pm is that right?

i have no idea how somebody got 5:09, that just doesn't make sense
Edited by Gorgazm on 4/9/2012 11:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/09/2012 11:44 PMPosted by Gravox
It's a pity a midnight release makes no sense for us.

I much prefer it the way it is now, I've been to 2 midnight releases in my time, WoW:TBC, and WoW:WotLK.

Nowadays though, I work, i don't have time to go to midnight releases and come home adn play all night.
Reply Quote
For those buying the game in-store it will be available from places like EB Games at a midnight launch in the early early hours of the 15th, not sure when we will be able to play it here though since we are ahead of PST time.
Reply Quote
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_US-CA.aspx?y=2012&mo=5&d=15&h=0&mn=0

Rough guide on when the servers will go live, just enter in your country.

I was talking to EB games NZ and they said that they will have a midnight release party on the 14th (Monday night) so we can go home and install, servers wont be live until 7pm on the 15th for me though.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
yea good to have the digital version sitting encrypted on my hdd ready to go on the 15th. 7pm NZ time really is perfect means I only have to take 3days off that week :-)
Reply Quote
If I recall correctly, the original version of WoW was a midnight release and was 100% US servers yet it was available to Australians from midnight of the launch day (it was also a world wide release).

To me, it sounds like a recipe for disaster for Blizzard to allow Australian retailers to start selling the game from midnight but then turn around and not let anyone play until the US servers come up (remember: there is no SEA). Can you imagine the complaints from the uninformed?

My gut feeling is that they'll just let us play early, in the same way that China (I think, or Korea) users will be able to play early.
Edited by Darkust on 4/10/2012 12:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Darkust - Very valid points you make. Interesting.

However, let's say retailers aren't allowed to sell the game before the NA servers are live. How is this different to Australian and NZ players who have purchased the digital download which is ready before the servers go live?

The way I see it, the game is released 15th May, therefore, if retailers choose to host midnight sales, or sell the game during standard trading hrs on the 15th before the servers are live then they can. Atleast this way customers who purchase at retailers will have the same benefit that digital download customers have - A product ready to play when the servers go live.

Europe and China will be the first Countries to play D3, I remember reading on the forums some kid being peeved that China getting to play before America.

Awesome, let's hope for pre purchase! I want to be ready before 5pm 15th May!
Edited by D3BETA on 4/10/2012 5:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Have checked a conversion site and for those of us in WA release time will be 3pm on Tuesday the 15/05/2012. Hello a week of holidays.
Reply Quote
Strange places here are still having midnight launches for these games.

I'll just be swinging by my local EB during my lunch break at work to pick up my copy :D
Reply Quote
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?msg=Diablo+3+Release&day=15&month=5&year=2012&hour=0&min=00&sec=01&p0=224

http://www.diablo3launch.com/

5:00pm Tuesday May 15th AEST, SA and NT will be 4:30pm and WA will be 2:00pm. 7pm NZDT.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]