Diablo® III

RMAH and Other tid bits

So, you decided to put us in a corner where we can be ignored and forgotten?

HAHA, I kid Blizzard, having our own section is a good way for you to find specific issues related to our corner of the world. In fact I like this better than have a completely separate site like you gave us for SC2.

Thank you very Much for this :D

Anyway, any updates on the RMAH and how that is going to work for us, will be have access to both the NA and SEA RMAHs or just one or the other, if just one do we choose upon first login? or is it locked already?

This is in regards to any updates related to the following thread over on the general forums.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4175551303?page=1
Edited by Gorgazm on 4/10/2012 3:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
You guys have access to an Australian dollar auction house and a US dollar auction house. It will be up to you which you prefer to use. The advantages being that there are no currency conversation fees if you use the AUD auction house - on the other hand the USD auction house will have a larger player population.
Reply Quote
04/10/2012 12:00 AMPosted by Arcagnion
You guys have access to an Australian dollar auction house and a US dollar auction house. It will be up to you which you prefer to use. The advantages being that there are no currency conversation fees if you use the AUD auction house - on the other hand the USD auction house will have a larger player population.

Hot damn. I like this.

This could mean we get stuff cheaper in US dollars like how we can buy stuff online from the US dirt cheap given the high Australian dollar.
Edited by Hypersonic on 4/10/2012 12:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Very interesting indeed. Getting more and more excited!
Reply Quote
Monkeys attention hairs on the back of his neck are standing upright, money has that effect.
Reply Quote
- ANZ
That's pretty cool. Though I still doubt I'll be putting money into the economy.
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    [TCP]Mathmick - Most Valuable Poster
    http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/36798 - The Most Valuable Poster program info

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFiAhu1ONKs&t=5m40s
Reply Quote

Further, can we switch between the two as much as we like, ie use both, or are we locked to whichever we start on?

Thanks a bunch! :D
Reply Quote
I prefer much larger US population to absence of local fees in AU.

There is one moment that bothers me, however:

If I choose to play on US servers and use US RMAH,
will I be able to cash in using my AU Paypal account ?
Paypal has different regions for a reason.
Edited by Nikopol on 4/10/2012 2:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am from SEA

if i were to play US region,can i use the RMAH for that region? If yes then if I go to play other region,i can only access the RMAH to that region right?
Reply Quote
04/10/2012 01:35 AMPosted by D3BETA
Further, can we switch between the two as much as we like, ie use both, or are we locked to whichever we start on?

Id also like to know the answer to this.
Reply Quote
Well this I do like. A lot. With the Aussie dollar as it is, it might be better dollar for dollar to use the US AH. This all depends on what blizzard's currency conversion fees will be. And this fee information I will be very gladly wanting to read.

But the big question is can we swap AH's at will or will it just be a choose one for ever?
I have a gut feeling it'll just be like the beta is now. At the moment in the beta there is 2 AH's. Gold and beta bucks. And in retail we'll just have 3. Gold, US and Australia. And we can swap at will between the 3. But we'll have a separate balance on each of the AH's.

Well that's my best guess at how it'll happen.

I am from SEA

if i were to play US region,can i use the RMAH for that region? If yes then if I go to play other region,i can only access the RMAH to that region right?

Yes as far as I know. Each region/server has it's own AH's. And they are only accessible by logging into that region. So if you log into a different region you'll only be able to access that other regions AH cause you are logged into the other region.
Edited by theeighthark on 4/10/2012 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the reply Arcagnion.

Are we to assume that the AUD AH will be restricted to the SEA server, and the USD AH will be restricted to the NA Server?

And to those who are saying using the USD AH will be cheaper, it depends on what the currency conversion fee is, also, it depends on the item too, as they will have different market economies.

If an item on the AUD AH is $10, but the SAME item is $20 on the USD AH, well, then the AUD AH is cheaper obviously.
Reply Quote

But that means all NZ players will go to the US RMAH since they'll have to pay conversion fees no matter what.
Reply Quote
Actually you look stupid here...

The AUS RMAH is in the NA server. Our home is the NA server, not any server in Asia.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Warrior
What region AH would you guys be using? the NA one or Sea? (if you had the choice)
Reply Quote
You guys really need to read the FAQs on the site because you make us look stupid. There is a RMAH FAQ that covers all these questions.

The Auction houses are region locked. The USA RMAH is locked to NA, the AUS RMAH is locked to SEA. Same with characters, shared stash and items etc. You cannot transfer between different regions.

I'm well aware of this, i was after info on weather we'd have access to the RMAH on the NA server at all or not.

EDIT: @Drekka,

I'd probably use the NA, one of the reasons i was always going to default to NA server anyway was for the AH, because it will be more heavily populated, and thus have a more active economy, and with more competition it would drive prices down.
Edited by Gorgazm on 4/11/2012 11:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote

We have access to those RMAHs? Wait... does that depend on which version we buy(local/digital vs a Euro version), because a support ticket I submitted totally disagrees there. Not getting straight answers here...
Edited by Skev on 4/12/2012 6:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
will the rmah become where we just spend a few hundred dollars and then we have the best gear and items for our hero?
Reply Quote
Say if i bought a hard copy from a local Aussie store, and my mate bought a NA Digital copy, would we have access to the same RMAH?
Edited by ReignOfChaos#6580 on 4/22/2012 11:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]