Diablo® III

Collective Identity? ANZ'ers unite!

Hey! Archagnion is a dedicated CM for us.
Reply Quote
ANZAC's - we are not South East Asia tyvm.
Reply Quote
But we're paying homage to our old community... the SEA/ANZ (short hand SEA) community.
Reply Quote
83 Human Paladin
Worthless....that's a good name :P
Reply Quote
Deep South
Reply Quote
ANZAC's , With due respect to the upcomming day of course ;)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
GO the ANZACS!

Edit: Decided what I posted wasn't appropriate.
Edited by Ellyn on 4/22/2012 3:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
What do you think of holding a poll to see what the preference would be?
Edited by Arcagnion on 4/23/2012 6:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
SEA is the international airport code for Seattle. Australia and New Zealand can't have it. We had it first!
Reply Quote
04/23/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Arcagnion
What do you think of holding a poll to see what the preference would be?

Yep lets do a poll.
Reply Quote
04/23/2012 07:46 PMPosted by SiniStar
Yep lets do a poll.

+1 Go
Reply Quote
Poll would be good ANZAC's is the best options considering its involves both Aus and NZ's
Reply Quote
You can't use ANZAC. It's illegal and has been for a long time. Read this:

http://www.dva.gov.au/commems_oawg/commemorations/protection_of_Anzac/Pages/index.aspx
(it that link is blocked just google "australia laws on use of ANZAC" and click the first result)

Protecting the word Anzac

Protection of Word 'Anzac’ Regulations were made in 1921 under the War Precautions Act Repeal Act 1920 to protect the word ‘Anzac’, and any word which resembles it, from inappropriate use.

Under the Regulations no person may use the word ‘Anzac’, or any word resembling it, in connection with:

… any trade, business, calling or profession or in connexion with any entertainment or any lottery or art union or as the name or part of a name of any private residence, boat, vehicle of charitable or other institution, or other institution, or any building …

without the authority of the Minister for Veterans' Affairs.
Protection of Word 'Anzac' Regulations 1921 (Cth)

Uses allowed under the Regulations
The words 'Anzac Day' may be used in connection with certain entertainment held on 25 April itself or on consecutive days including 25 April, and the word 'Anzac' may be used in certain names. Its use in the name 'Anzac biscuit' is one of several uses normally approved.

Seeking approval to use the word 'Anzac'
Write to the Minister for Veterans' Affairs and provide as much detail as possible about your proposed use of the word 'Anzac'.

Legislation
There is a range of legislation governing the use of the word 'Anzac' and the authority of the Minister for Veterans' Affairs.

I imagine that NZ would have similar laws. Yes, Blizzard MAY be able to circumvent them because its NA based but has alot more to lose than gain through doing so (picture p*ssed off old RSL guy in a hat complaining to "Today Tonight", rah rah rah losers get upset, D3 banned. Don't say it wouldn't happen; they hit GTA3 and Mortal Kombat).
Reply Quote
What about SEAmen?
Reply Quote
04/24/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Phayzee
What about SEAmen?

Abit hard to swallow - it totally blows.
Edited by Mandalay#1340 on 4/24/2012 10:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Blue post on a thread you started.

04/24/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Peppermint
You can't use ANZAC. It's illegal and has been for a long time.

And wow I had no idea. I guess that narrows it down to Eagles, Cucumbers and Pirates then right?

edit: Just saw the men post. Chocked on an m 'n' m at Peppermint's comment.
Edited by Evilrake#1680 on 4/25/2012 1:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I need some more names options for the poll so keep the ideas coming.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
In the event we cannot use ANZACs (which, to be fair, we probably shouldn't considering what the word means to both countries) we could go for something including Oceania or Pacific.

SEA is...well Blizzard use it for the South East Asia region which does not seem entirely appropriate for us as a) I doubt any of us really identify ourselves as part of Asia and b) with Korea having their own servers, they sort of have South East Asia covered.

I am not entirely sure what we could use, but I don't feel like something with SEA in it is really something that others could hear and immediately go "Hey, those guys are Aussies/NZers!".
Reply Quote
A poll seems a bit unnecessary because to me SEA Pirates is a clear winner.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]