Diablo® III

Collective Identity? ANZ'ers unite!

04/11/2012 07:27 AMPosted by Gnack
My suggestion is "Blizzard's red headed step-children" because we are here and definitely undeniably exist yet Blizzard is intent on treating us as though we don't matter at all.

Hey now some red heads might take offense to that. Not myself though because I have been called much worse, and all for the red hair that I think makes me look truly piratey
Reply Quote
Well considering you are all part of "The Americas" in the actual game, I vote you get called New Ausmericans... or maybe Zealstraliacans... or Auslandicans... or Ameristralanders...
Reply Quote
Doh... I thought ... ANZACs FTW :)

but looks like they are going to not allow this :(

Brothers of the Southern Cross

/thankyou
Edited by Belisarius#1792 on 4/26/2012 8:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
SEAls
SEAlings
Your frANZ
Reply Quote
SEA ponies!

FOR PONY!!
Reply Quote
Blizzards Ignored Ones
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock
Dpwnunderlings.

SEArious Gamers.

ANZWinningnshiz.

SEArial Killers.
Reply Quote
04/26/2012 01:18 AMPosted by Hypersonic
A poll seems a bit unnecessary because to me SEA Pirates is a clear winner.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
As the majority of Australia & New Zealand players would not refer to themselves as "South East Asian" in any fashion. I can't see how SEA has any part in an identity name for Kiwis or Aussies.

ANZAC's would be the ideal, but as its not likely (and i understand why and agree with that)

Something the identifies Aus & NZ as a core would be more appropriate - not including SEA.

Tasman Brotherhood (as in the Tasman sea that connects us)

I liked Downunderlings as a name. made me Lol a bit.
Reply Quote
From Oceania, the "Oceanics" - Oh-she-an-iks. Just an idea for the poll?
Reply Quote
I don't mean to sound racist, but I'm not a bloody South East Asian!

Gerda's ideas be good! I think it needs to be something with Tasman in it... Tasman Terrors!

Well said. I agree 100% Drop the SEA crap and get something truely defining of OUR area. Or just call us the united states of south east that place blizz dont care about.
Reply Quote
04/27/2012 10:25 PMPosted by Gerda
Tasman Brotherhood (as in the Tasman sea that connects us)

I like this a lot - Whether it refers the bond that unifies us (a bond of brotherhood) or us as a syndicate (eg Assassin's Creed style brotherhood), both interpretations are deep and accurate in their expressions of the ANZ people. Awesome!

edit: And yeah I like the whole concept of the Tasman being the unifier. I officially renounce my allegiance to SEA-related terms (sorry SEA Cucumber; you will be missed) and join 'Team Tasman'.

For the Brotherhood!
Edited by Evilrake#1680 on 4/28/2012 6:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Some ideas that i like the sound of:

BotSC - Brothers of the Southern Cross

Tasman Brotherhood (cos of the Tasman sea)

An idea of my own:

ANTZ - the T stands for Tasmania... but it's a little out of place... get it?! :P
Edited by Dragonfly#1941 on 4/28/2012 6:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
SEA WTB AUSSIE SERVER
Reply Quote
I think "ANZ" will get the job done without offending anyone or making us lose credibility.
Reply Quote
Now that we have our very own forum sub-section, we Aus-NZ'ers have much more of a voice when it comes to all things D3. The question then becomes how as a unified body shall we choose to portray or identify this voice to the wider Diablo community? After much (1minute of) prior thought, I have come to the conclusion that we must have a collective identity, a name by which to call ourselves and be known, respected (and feared?) amongst the broader community. What then shall this name be? After a few suggestions, I would like to throw this question back to you my fellow (______)s, and together we shall carve for ourselves a new identity! My suggestions would be:

SEA Eagles (1)
ANZACs (2)
SEA Cucumbers (3)

Ambitious post? Most certainly. But once again it comes down to us. Who do you think we should be?

ANZACs ofc
Reply Quote
ANZAC's makes no sense and is disrespectful imo

In case you inbred's don't realise - it stands for Australia New Zealand Army Corps

We are not in the army and this term is specific to those ppl that are. have some respect and have some originality and choose something else.

just my 2 cents
Reply Quote
ANZAC's makes no sense and is disrespectful imo

In case you inbred's don't realise - it stands for Australia New Zealand Army Corps

We are not in the army and this term is specific to those ppl that are. have some respect and have some originality and choose something else.

just my 2 cents

You say using ANZACs is disrespectful, but you call posters here inbred?

Get out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]