Diablo® III

I want to upgrade my system

Microcenter is having a bundle right now; An ASUS P8Z68 mobo for 65 bucks if you buy an i5-2500K at the same time for 180 bucks. It is an in store only deal though. Check for store locations on their website. They had an in store deal on some Kingston Hyper X DDR3-1333 CL 9 RAM at 45 bucks for 8 Gig.
Reply Quote
04/05/2012 08:03 AMPosted by D3BETA
Microcenter is having a bundle right now; An ASUS P8Z68 mobo for 65 bucks if you buy an i5-2500K at the same time for 180 bucks. It is an in store only deal though. Check for store locations on their website. They had an in store deal on some Kingston Hyper X DDR3-1333 CL 9 RAM at 45 bucks for 8 Gig.

SOB. I only read your first sentence at first. There aren't any micro centers around me.

Anyways, OP if you're just looking for a bang for your buck upgrade I'd say replace the video card. Anything else and you're likely going to have to make upgrade everything else. You say your having issues with crashes during heavy game play. I know its a pretty cliche fix but have you tried reformatting? Software problems can also cause system issues during heavy load times.
Edited by ChedWick on 4/5/2012 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/05/2012 08:09 AMPosted by ChedWick

SOB. I only read your first sentence at first. There aren't any micro centers around me :(

No kidding, the nearest one to me is about 4 hours. The seem to always have the best bundled deals there.
Reply Quote
No microcenter around me :( but thanks for the deal!

Also im not going to upgrade my gfx card, as i've just got it within a year ago.
Edited by D3BETA on 4/5/2012 8:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, Microcenter has the CPU for 179.99 on the website all the time, and the mobo goes for 114 w/o the bundle. they have other mobo's that will do as well for similar money (they have some ASUS open box deals), some other brands are available for a few bucks less. Memory is cheap almost everywhere these days. I see Newegg listed all the time but they are often more expensive than Microcenter; you should always shop around for PC parts.

I have no idea what Microcenter shipping is gonna cost though, the store is only a few miles from me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]