Diablo® III

How much real life money could you make if...

85 Undead Death Knight
How much money do you guys think you could make off the RMAH. if...

You spent 6-8 hours each day strictly making gold through nightmare & hell mode, never dieing or needing many repairs. And using the gold to buy items off the GMAH and then selling those items on the RMAH. Or if you sold the gold directly. I mean who wouldnt pay 5$ for gold for there character that could last them for weeks for repairs if they plan to farm inferno???

how much do you think you could make in 1 weeks time?
Edited by Thewordalive on 4/4/2012 11:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think you will make 1 million dollars!!! No honestly nobody knows what gold will be worth till the game comes out.
Reply Quote
With so many people attemtping to make a profit of RMAH, it will be a complete buyer's market. Supply and demand will take effect and your week-long grind might buy you a cheeseburger.
Reply Quote
Depends. Its all about supply and demand,and we really dont have a guage on how much things are worth. I cant see anyone making a living off of it. If thats what your asking. No way to know until the game comes out, and the economy gets going.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
04/04/2012 10:49 PMPosted by Tiberius
With so many people attemtping to make a profit of RMAH, it will be a complete buyer's market. Supply and demand will take effect and your week-long grind might buy you a cheeseburger.
so your saying nothing will sell for more then 5$...thats very unlikely if you ever played diablo 2 and looked at ebay you would know otherwise
Reply Quote
Depends how hard the game is, people who are at the top 10% will probably make money.
People at the bottom 90% won't.

(Being able to complete inferno act 4 on a character) should be able to net you a decent wage.
I'm of course assuming 10% of the playerbase can complete inferno.
Reply Quote
It will be like real world economics, but on an smaller scale.

ie: the top 5% make money off the other 95%
Reply Quote
04/04/2012 10:51 PMPosted by Thewordalive
so your saying nothing will sell for more then 5$...thats very unlikely if you ever played diablo 2 and looked at ebay you would know otherwise

Not at all. In fact, in another thread I was discussing how the radiant star gems will be extremely expensive. It just requires a year and a half of grinding at 40 hours per week to get one. Nobody's going to buy a radiant star gem for $23,000 and as a result, you'll be making less than minimum wage.
Reply Quote
The only things that are going to sell are:

a) Rare/Legendary weapons, but they'll be modestly priced or not sell for too much apiece.
b) Gold in massive amounts for cheap
c) Stacks of potions and crafting materials large amounts for cheap.
d) High Quality Gems

Who's going to buy a middling weapon or armor for real cash when you can play for a few hours and get something similar or better?

Personally, I only plan to sell enough items and gold on the RMAH to pay for a future expansion.

But I suspect even that much will take quite a bit of effort ...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Yes but im saying selling very commonly used items constantly rather then trying to find a rare item that will sell for alot more.

like maybe theres a item every1 will need and people will be willing to pay 2-5$ for 1 and you could find 5-10 of these in a day no problem while other people waste there time trying to find 1 item to equal the same value as your 10 items

it would be like selling mc'donalds hammerbugers vs red robin hammerburgers...they both sell. But who do you think sells more in a single day.
Reply Quote
You'll never know unless you quit your job and find out. No seriously though there is absolutely no way to tell yet. You should know that.
Reply Quote
Who's going to buy a middling weapon or armor for real cash when you can play for a few hours and get something similar or better?

I probably would , a few hours for what a sword you can buy on the auction house that cost what 5-10 bucks? 3-4 hours of work for me is anywhere from 150-200 .
Reply Quote
Enough to brag to your ex... JOB.
Reply Quote

a) Rare/Legendary weapons, but they'll be modestly priced or not sell for too much apiece.
b) Gold in massive amounts for cheap
c) Stacks of potions and crafting materials large amounts for cheap.
d) High Quality Gems

Personally, I only plan to sell enough items and gold on the RMAH to pay for a future expansion.

But I suspect even that much will take quite a bit of effort ...
I disagree... who wouldn't pay a nickel or a dime for some blue that they happen to need? All that stuff will add up fast.

I haven't played the BETA, so I can't comment on the RMAH if it's already functioning there (but I thought I read somewhere that it wasn't yet, even with fake money) ... but I'm assuming (possibly incorrectly) that there will be a minimum sell price.

I guess if you REALLY can nickel and dime items, or even unload a stack of 20 Minor Health Potions for a penny ... then yeah, maybe it will add up quicker than I think.

Personally, I don't value my time so lowly that I'll actually take the time to post auctions with nickel and dime items though. Especially since it will just be easier to sell everything to in-game vendors for gold, then sell gold for cash. No doubt, gold will be the easiest thing to sell, though most likely, the price will fluctuate wildly in the first week or so. After a few weeks, the exchange rate for gold to cash will settle in fairly quickly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]