Diablo® III

How much real life money could you make if...

Isn't the RMAH directly related to the region where you are located. I believe they stated earlier if you live in the US you will be on the US server, with the US AH. If you want to play on the Asian server you can, but you can't participate in the Asian RMAH. Wouldn't this limit the number of Chinese farmers on the US server?
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Druid
You'll be lucky to make 20 bucks a month.
Reply Quote
There will be no way to monopolize markets in D3. In WoW you could usually carve out a piece of market for yourself and bathe in riches or make a mint buying/reselling. It's going to be very difficult to do that in D3.

I do think the people who are truly dedicated early on (16-20 hours a day) will be able to make minimum wage in USD averaged out for the first 60 days or so if they're smart. Everyone is going to be clawing through hell and searching for items that will let them tackle Inferno. Those who are able to adequately farm Hell items/Inferno mats early on will make some good money.

Well, it's good money if you don't have a job or studies to attend to and you actually enjoy the repetition. It's horrible for your physical and mental health. After the dust settles from the opening rush you'll be stuck making $0.25 an hour so don't quit your day job or anything.
Reply Quote
With so many people attemtping to make a profit of RMAH, it will be a complete buyer's market. Supply and demand will take effect and your week-long grind might buy you a cheeseburger.

Why wasn't it like that in Diablo 2 or everquest? WoW Chinese farmers make more than that. People who run the AH in WoW make more than that. Your logic is fail. I made quite a bit of money on Everquest, and while I didn't sell anything in Diablo 2, there was items that sold for hundreds and some that sold for thousands. A guy spent millions on virtual properties in EVE online.
Reply Quote
Isn't the RMAH directly related to the region where you are located. I believe they stated earlier if you live in the US you will be on the US server, with the US AH. If you want to play on the Asian server you can, but you can't participate in the Asian RMAH. Wouldn't this limit the number of Chinese farmers on the US server?
Reply Quote

There are ways around that.
Reply Quote
I'm sure Blizzard has a set of estimates and guesses, but no one really knows until the game takes off and the economy starts to level out.
Reply Quote
I don't know if this had been brought up or not, but i see a lot of people mentioning posting cheap items/gold for a few pennies. As far as i know from the way the RMAH works now it will cost a 1.5$ posting fee so would you not be losing money for posting items under 1.51$?
Reply Quote
If you are trying to make money with nothing but gold or the items you buy off the GAH with gold, you aren't going to be making much at all.

IE: If I played for 8 hours straight, didn't need much repairing and basically tried to make money purely off of the gold I obtained (whether selling it as gold or buying items and selling the items I buy), I don't think I'd make more than 5 dollars that day. That's about $0.63/hr.

The only way people will be making good money is by selling items that you won't see on the GAH. Extremely rare legendary or set items, rares with top values, highest quality gems, super rare blacksmith recipes etc. Then it's just a matter of the average number of these kinds of items you can find over the course of 8 hours.

Lets say in 8 hours time, you can find 4 very rare items. If one can sell for 5 bucks, another for 10, another for 15 and another for 20, that's 50 bucks. That would equate to $6.25/hr, which is not even minimum wage, and tbh, that's being pretty generous with the prices (20 bucks is quite a bit for a rare item).

Don't expect to get rich playing D3. If anything, it will be a fun hobby that happens to provide a couple extra bucks here and there. Some people will get lucky, go on a lucky streak and find 15 high value items in a single day. So, for some people, they may even be able to make 300 dollars in 1 day. But those will be the exception to the rule, not the rule.
Reply Quote
04/05/2012 10:27 AMPosted by D3BETA
I don't know if this had been brought up or not, but i see a lot of people mentioning posting cheap items/gold for a few pennies. As far as i know from the way the RMAH works now it will cost a 1.5$ posting fee so would you not be losing money for posting items under 1.51$?

Isn't there a limited amount of free listing that are available a week?
Reply Quote
Since the drop rate is RANDOM, everyone playing will not make a living off diablo 3.

Yes, the items might sell for $50 maybe even $500

How many of those items are you going to find? This is the problem.

In all your years of D2 (assuming you didn't dupe or steal) how much would you have made selling everything in your account? I'm willing to bet its not even close to $10k and if it was, how long did you spend finding it all? Years.

Only the few, who are willing to take huge risks and put in serious dedication, will make any REAL money. You have to turn it into a business, you wont get anywhere just playing 8 hours a day and expect to make millions.

Example: Purchase 10 copies and every day have 9 friends come pitch in their money to buy stuff and re-sell it, while they take turns farming for more stock. Then its just scale scale scale if it's profitable.

Or you can do it illegally and risk your freedom.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]