Diablo® III

Non summoning builds?

85 Worgen Rogue
trying out an all-around caster build that will (hopefully) work in both group and single target situations.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hgZeXc!TWb!ZYaYcY

Firebomb: great spammable group killer. Three targets hit initially, plus the aoe effect from Firebomb on each bounce.
Spirit Barrage: powerful single-target cast, also refunds a bit of health each time.
GoTD: aoe snare, slow down those ambushes.
Haunt: nice periodic dmg effect to wear down those tougher mobs/bosses.
Horrify: panic button that also gives you a nice bit of mana in return.
Firebats: really good for finishing off groups, and even for bosses. Insane dmg!
Edited by Mystriel#1946 on 5/11/2012 7:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's got Fetish Army, but

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aeRdiP!YXT!acZZYc

is one build I plan on using.
Reply Quote
Same build I posted in the nightmare thread, but doesn't have any summons. I think this is the one I'll work for.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#eaZidX!bWf!YYacZc

1 - Haunt with 30% snare for basic spammable mob damage and CC.
2 - Flaming dart for good spammable (160%) single target damage.
3 - Grasp with 80% snare for a great AoE CC with a low cooldown.
4 - Corpse bomb for great spammable AOE damage (200%).
5 - Harvest with Siphon for damage buff and emergency heals.
6 - Horrify for hard CC and mana regen.
7 - Passives extra mana, extra damage, and mana regen.

All in all this gives me great CC for supporting my group, as well as plenty of damage and survivability if I need to go solo. Doesn't do any one thing the best, but does everything very well.
Reply Quote
05/11/2012 06:52 PMPosted by MasterWizard
I think there are many pet builds because you don't have to rely on other players when you use those types of spells

Except that a WD with or without pets and another player is going to be doing considerably more damage than a solo WD with pets.

WD + pets = any other class without pets. They don't replace other players, they make you equal to them.

(which is not to say WD without pets != other classes. No pets means you bring something else to the table to keep you equal)
Reply Quote
05/11/2012 10:15 PMPosted by Graciel
I think there are many pet builds because you don't have to rely on other players when you use those types of spells

Except that a WD with or without pets and another player is going to be doing considerably more damage than a solo WD with pets.

WD + pets = any other class without pets. They don't replace other players, they make you equal to them.

(which is not to say WD without pets != other classes. No pets means you bring something else to the table to keep you equal)

Summoning Necro was great in Diablo 2 WD summoner will be the same in D3
Reply Quote
05/11/2012 10:25 PMPosted by MasterWizard

Summoning Necro was great in Diablo 2 WD summoner will be the same in D3

Very true. Summoning Necro solo does not equal Non-Summoning Necro + Barbarian in D2 though, and Summoning WD solo will not equal Non-summoning WD + Barbarian in D3.

Other players, provided they are competent and helpful, will ALWAYS make the game easier. WD pets do nothing to replace them. Having pets doesn't even necessarily provide greater survivability when solo either, since using a non-pet ability will potentially result in over 4 times greater damage output or significantly greater active defense.

I'm not knocking pets, I played Necro in D2 and some of my builds involve heavy use of pets in D3. I'm just saying that they do absolutely nothing to lessen any reliance upon other players.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WeSiZX!bce!bcZZYa

Not perfect...but skills can be swapped.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gedUjX!bUf!aaYZcb.

I have been trying out this build seems to work great when i have people playing with me but seems to lack when it comes to solo play due to the monsters wanting to knock my face in and no meat shield for them to beat on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]