-4GB of
-NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M 2G
-Also my screen resolution is roughly 720p
So here are my system specifications.

-i7-2620QM CPU @ 2.00GHz power boost to 2.70GHz
-4GB of
-NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M 2G
-Also my screen resolution is roughly 720p

You have like one of the newest laptop builds out nowdays, why shouldn't it run Diablo III, which doesn't even have high requirements?

So anybody who has a notebook should use this site and compare it with the official reqs posted:

http://www.notebookcheck.net

Also the beta opt-in program let's you know all the information you need.

Bliz should release a program to check comp's btw. So there wont be this many topics on the matter. It kind of feels like feeding the troll, when you need to answer these types of questions all the time to people with lvl 75 Undead mages. Sorry for the offense Skelty.
Edited by D3BETA on 4/3/2012 9:30 PM PDT
04/03/2012 09:27 PMPosted by D3BETA
Bliz should release a program to check comp's btw.

This does exist but unfortunately it is stuck with the game client. When you attempt to install SC2 or D3 beta, it scans the comp hardware for compatibility and tells you if it does not meet the requirements or have unsupported hardware.
Edited by Hypersonic on 4/3/2012 9:54 PM PDT
Can you be more specific about the connection requirement then just a broadband connection. While I assume that encompasses anything that's classed as broadband, questions have been raised on the forum regarding the connection speed required for running multiple copies of the game, and if you could specify a minimum speed value for the broadband connection (something that was identifiable pre-broadband) that would be very helpful.

Another thing, is that you left out the asterix related to wireless with regard to the broadband requirement, can you be more specific regarding that, for people who have wireless connections.

I think these are pretty important questions as this is an online only game, and the online aspect is least represented in the requirements.
Edited by Icey on 4/3/2012 10:01 PM PDT
you should be good, im glad they posted this
I don't know much about computers so... I got this off of the beta profile settings in account and my specifications are:
Operating System: Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU Type: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40GHz
CPU Speed: 2.42 GHz
System Memory: 2.99 GB
Video Card Model: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
Video Card Memory: 2.24 GB
Video Card Driver: atiu9pag.dll
Desktop Resolution: 1366x768
Hard Disk Size: 465.66 GB
Hard Disk Free Space: 417.51 GB (90%)
Download Speed: 254.92 kB/s (2.1 mbps)

would my computer be able to run diablo 3? thanks in advance.
I don't know much about computers so... I got this off of the beta profile settings in account and my specifications are:
Operating System: Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU Type: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40GHz
CPU Speed: 2.42 GHz
System Memory: 2.99 GB
Video Card Model: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
Video Card Memory: 2.24 GB
Video Card Driver: atiu9pag.dll
Desktop Resolution: 1366x768
Hard Disk Size: 465.66 GB
Hard Disk Free Space: 417.51 GB (90%)
Download Speed: 254.92 kB/s (2.1 mbps)

would my computer be able to run diablo 3? thanks in advance.

Low settings at best.
the pre-download Diablo III. I don't have beta.

i'm not positive but i don't think
you're allowed to install yet.
75 Undead Mage
You have like one of the newest laptop builds out nowdays, why shouldn't it run Diablo III, which doesn't even have high requirements?

So anybody who has a notebook should use this site and compare it with the official reqs posted:

http://www.notebookcheck.net

Also the beta opt-in program let's you know all the information you need.

Bliz should release a program to check comp's btw. So there wont be this many topics on the matter. It kind of feels like feeding the troll, when you need to answer these types of questions all the time to people with lvl 75 Undead mages. Sorry for the offense Skelty.

Well I've always been certain that my computer will run Diablo 3. I guess I should have specified that I was more interested in learning how WELL my computer will run Diablo 3.

Level 75 Undead Mages ftw.
Edited by Skelty on 4/3/2012 10:56 PM PDT
hey trying to see if my asus g51 which is a few years old will be good for d3 for the gf

My System Specifications

Operating System:
Windows 2.6.1.7600
CPU Type:
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz
CPU Speed:
2.55 GHz
System Memory:
4 GB
Video Card Model:
NVIDIA GeForce 9700M GT
Video Card Memory:
2.23 GB
Video Card Driver:
nvd3dum.dll
Desktop Resolution:
1360x768
Hard Disk Size:
1.36 TB
Hard Disk Free Space:
432.67 GB (31%)
Download Speed:
223.63 kB/s (1.8 mbps)

i just got a alienware m18x a few months ago im good just making sure she can play so she doesnt use my laptop lol
thanks
95 Dwarf Shaman
Been hearing mixed feedback on my laptop, just wanna see if anyone here, or even Blizz, can provide a definitive answer.

I have the early 2011 Macbookpro, 13inch version with the i5 cpu. The graphics suck: Intel HD3000 integrated, with 384mb Graphics ram. Some people have said it runs really slow on low, some say it runs smoothly on medium - can any beta testers or GMs verify or comment on this?
I have a laptop
Is radeon HD 6470M could be ok?
Why isn't there a system check that can be run on battle.net which tells you whether you can run D3, rather than have the forum posters have to tell you whether you can or not?
I'm really hoping to play D3 on 1900x1200 Resolution on High graphics settings smoothly.

Core Duo P9500 2.5mhz
4GB RAM
ATI Mobility 3870x2 (Crossfire/SLI)
11,300 score on 3DMark06

What do you guys think?

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=Mobility+Radeon+HD+3870+X2
My GPU scores 863 and the Recommended GPU's score 1700 which worries me.
I've been waiting so long for a thread like this! Can anyone with the beta tell me their experience with similar specs?

I have:

Geforrce GT 520 graphics card
Athlon II X2 245 2.9 GHz
8 gigs of RAM

Is the althlon 64 series before or after the althon II series of cpus? Also, I don't see my graphics card listed on any list, supported or unsupported. If you have similar specs I'd love to hear how the game runs on low settings, thanks!
04/03/2012 04:36 PMPosted by D3BETA
Even supporting Win XP? Does Microsoft even do that anymore?

Don't you know? Every "new" Windows version is just Windows XP with a prettier face.
04/03/2012 10:55 PMPosted by Skelty
Well I've always been certain that my computer will run Diablo 3. I guess I should have specified that I was more interested in learning how WELL my computer will run Diablo 3.
Video card seems to be your bottle net, but you should be able to run med without a problem. possibly high.
Cheese
i just got a alienware m18x a few months ago im good just making sure she can play so she doesnt use my laptop lol
thanks
I see no reason that laptop couldn't run on low/med.
Jackson
I've been waiting so long for a thread like this! Can anyone with the beta tell me their experience with similar specs?
I don't have similar specs, but I can try to help you with benchmarks.
Jackson
Geforrce GT 520 graphics card
Athlon II X2 245 2.9 GHz
8 gigs of RAM
I'm not too familiar with AMD processors, but going by benchmarks, I'd say your processor is above recommended.
your graphics card is a bit low, so you'll probably be playing on low.

Edit, also the blue might want to add this link to their post. http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/video-card-support-for-diablo-iii
Edited by Gamemaster on 4/4/2012 9:32 AM PDT
85 Tauren Shaman
I've got a laptop with an ati mobility radeon hd 5670. The rest of my specs are more than enough. With an older beta patch (I think patch 10) I had no issues and it ran flawlessly. Since then however I was told by the launcher to update my graphics drivers, and my gpu runs at 99% even at the logon screen. After 20-40 minutes of play, my laptop now overheats. I know its not a ventilation issue because everything was stripped apart and blown out just to be certain, and I have chill mat with 2x 14 cm fans.

I have found that playing in windowed mode with a lower resolution seems to let me play without overheating, but it still gets quite hot and I don't want to risk my system for a game.

So my questions are:
Is there anyone that has found this same issue with this(or a similar) card?

If so, have you find another driver that resolves this issue?

And thirdly, is this something that should be reported as a bug, due to the fact that it started after a specific patch?
04/03/2012 09:27 PMPosted by D3BETA
Bliz should release a program to check comp's btw.

I've mentioned this at least a few times now in the "is this article helpful?" question at the bottom of system requirements. So I reiterate to the blue-posters out there: Please make a quick simple small executable that checks people's systems for them and gives them one of three answers: Yes at Recommended, Yes at minimum, or a No altogether. It would make everyone's lives easier.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]