Diablo® III

Diablo III System Requirements

It is desktop. As long as it runs i am fine with that. It is like five years old after all. Thanks. Would you say that if starcraft 2 runs on it then diablo 3 should? I was wondering how the games compare.
04/08/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Erik
It is desktop. As long as it runs i am fine with that. It is like five years old after all. Thanks. Would you say that if starcraft 2 runs on it then diablo 3 should? I was wondering how the games compare.

If you look at the min reqs of both games, D3 is slightly higher.
04/09/2012 05:25 AMPosted by Hypersonic

If you look at the min reqs of both games, D3 is slightly higher.
so then if i can run SC2 on ultra i will have no issues running D3 correct?
Is it safe to say the new XPS 13 (ultrabook) can run D3 pretty well? either i5 or i7 version. Both have the Radeon HD 7470M graphics card there is no changing that. I really want to get it and this is the only thing that concerns me.

I mean the thing is brand new I hope it can run it. Just confirming.
Edited by Zonum on 4/9/2012 8:19 PM PDT
04/09/2012 04:48 PMPosted by AlphaCorps
so then if i can run SC2 on ultra i will have no issues running D3 correct?

Correct; it's like asking if a Ferrari can go 0-60 in less than 10 seconds.

04/09/2012 08:18 PMPosted by Zonum
Is it safe to say the new XPS 13 (ultrabook) can run D3 pretty well? either i5 or i7 version. Both have the Radeon HD 7470M graphics card there is no changing that. I really want to get it and this is the only thing that concerns me.

That's an entry level card, even for a laptop. Won't get anything beyond low settings.

As far as I know, ultrabooks are all about being lightweight, slim size, SSD performance, and battery life in an effort to keep the laptop form factor alive in given the sharp rise of tablets. Not suitable for gaming.
Edited by Hypersonic on 4/9/2012 9:30 PM PDT
74 Blood Elf Paladin
Hate to ask, but I have no idea how to compare specs. Would be eternally grateful if someone would be so kind as to take a quick look at my system info and let me know how it matches up to the Mac requirements. WoW runs smooth as butter 95% of the time for me so I imagine I'll be fine but I just wanted to make sure.

MacBook Pro

Mac OSX 10.7.3

Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

1280 x 800 Display

25 Mbps Download Speed, 3 Mbps Upload Speed

I imagine it's great but I just wanted a second pair of eyes. Thanks!
We keep an updated set of full system requirements for Diablo III here: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements

Minimum Requirements:

PC:
  • Fully-updated Windows® XP/Vista/7 with DirectX 9.0c
  • Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+ (or better)
Recommended Requirements:

PC:
  • Fully-updated Windows® Vista/7
  • Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz or better

This listing for the required and recommended processor for Intel confuses me a bit.

I am currently using an Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz

The required says it needs at least Pentium D 2.8 GHz, but the recommended is 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo.

Is this Pentium D a different line of processors or should I be okay with my cpu?

Thanks in advance!
Edited by ironend on 4/10/2012 2:00 PM PDT
Hate to ask, but I have no idea how to compare specs. Would be eternally grateful if someone would be so kind as to take a quick look at my system info and let me know how it matches up to the Mac requirements. WoW runs smooth as butter 95% of the time for me so I imagine I'll be fine but I just wanted to make sure.

MacBook Pro

Mac OSX 10.7.3

Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

1280 x 800 Display

25 Mbps Download Speed, 3 Mbps Upload Speed

I imagine it's great but I just wanted a second pair of eyes. Thanks!

Low performance.

FYI, being able to run WoW on good performance does not necessarily mean you will run D3 on the same. WoW's software engines are ancient compared to D3.
This listing for the required and recommended processor for Intel confuses me a bit.

I am currently using an Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz

The required says it needs at least Pentium D 2.8 GHz, but the recommended is 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo.

Is this Pentium D a different line of processors or should I be okay with my cpu?

Thanks in advance!

Pentium D was released in 2005/2006. Your CPU was out during 2008. You'll be okay.
88 Orc Hunter
so you do not need the previous Diablo installments to get the puppy going once it come out and you want to download it?
Since no one answered my question in that other thread.. Can I run D3 on high w/ these specs?

-AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz
-8GB DDR3 RAM
-AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB
-Win7 64.
Since no one answered my question in that other thread.. Can I run D3 on high w/ these specs?

-AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz
-8GB DDR3 RAM
-AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB
-Win7 64.

That card is not listed under high performance although you could run it on high albeit with some degree of stuttering. You need a 6750 or 6770 to run on high smoothly.
Edited by Hypersonic on 4/10/2012 8:55 PM PDT
Does anyone know if the dell xps 17 will be able to play it on max settings? I can play SC2 on max and WoW on max minus shadows.

Core i-7 2.2gz
6gb ram
Nvidia Gefore gt555m

??

Can some who is on beta or something let me know?

Thanks guys/gals :)
Does anyone know if the dell xps 17 will be able to play it on max settings? I can play SC2 on max and WoW on max minus shadows.

Core i-7 2.2gz
6gb ram
Nvidia Gefore gt555m

??

Can some who is on beta or something let me know?

Thanks guys/gals :)

I have this laptop with similar specs as well.

It may be okay for some settings on high but not max. The card is rated a bit below the recommended.
88 Orc Hunter
so et me get this straight you dont need the previous Diablo instalments in order to play this once it comes out if youve never played?
correctomundo. This is an entirely different game not an expansion.
04/11/2012 08:53 AMPosted by Nymphrodora
so et me get this straight you dont need the previous Diablo instalments in order to play this once it comes out if youve never played?

That is correct.

And to the other people, Google "can you run it".
can't wait for beta! finish building a gaming rig just for it =)
So I used the link earlier to check if my laptop can play it, and it checks out. What I'm curious about is about what settings do you think it'll be at?

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz
Ram: 4Gigs
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240M

Thank you =)
I have checked on http://www.systemrequirementslab.com and it tells me my computer meets the minimum system requirements, falling a bit less than half way between the recommended settings and minimum. Starcraft runs well on medium settings and on some higher settings it will lag in larger fights. When looking at the analysis it tells me that I fall short of the recommended requirements due to my video card. I am looking for any advice because I would rather not get the game if it must be played on all low settings.
MY SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU TYPE:
AMD Phenom(tm) II N930 Quad-Core Processor
CPU SPEED:
2.02 GHz
SYSTEM MEMORY:
3.75 GB
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
2.61 GB
VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
atiu9pag
DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
1366x768
HARD DISK SIZE:
573.29 GB
HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
234.72 GB (41%)
DOWNLOAD SPEED:
1.73 MB/s (14.5 mbps)

I am really looking forward to this game!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]