Diablo® III

What Ability is This?

90 Night Elf Rogue
The ability at minute mark 2:41 of the Demon Hunter Trailer here: http://bit.ly/I0xPFe

Looks like caltrops or maybe spike trap...just curious...anyone know?
Reply Quote
Possibly Caltrops with Jagged Spike rune if I had to take a guess.
Reply Quote
It's spike trap. You can't throw caltrops like that. It automatically places caltrops where you stand.
Reply Quote
04/04/2012 10:27 AMPosted by NewType
If you look carefully in the video, the demon hunter wasn't laying down a spike trap, she was throwing grenades. The two caltrops were already there, and one had just activated.

Yeah first time I watched that my internet was lagging real bad for some reason. Video was jumpy and I never saw it until it activated. The effect looked about the size of caltrops but I never saw when it was laid to begin with.
Reply Quote
I heard somewhere on these forums that blizzard changed the animation on that one :/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
04/04/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Jorgekovski
I heard somewhere on these forums that blizzard changed the animation on that one :/

That's what I was thinking. I thought I saw a beta vid with the caltrops runes (when they were still crimson, golden, etc) and the jagged spikes didn't look like that.

And if I recall correctly, Spike trap looks more like an "explosion trap"?

I hope one of the abilities still looks like that though; it looks awesome!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
It's spike trap. You can't throw caltrops like that. It automatically places caltrops where you stand.

No you are wrong. They are indeed Caltrops with Runed with Jagged Spikes .

If you look carefully in the video, the demon hunter wasn't laying down a spike trap, she was throwing grenades. The two caltrops were already there, and one had just activated.

Also, just for the sake of undeniable proof, the beta emulator confirms my stance.
This post is so wrong its amazing..... here is a very clear vid showing off the original spike trap that was x dmg over 8 secs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJflytVsIfc
Edited by Bangkokbetty on 4/6/2012 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
So why did they change it?!? The original effect looks awesome...the current trap looks like a ho-hum basic mine. Bleh.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]