Diablo® III

A&NZ issues

25 Troll Hunter
Aside from having huge pings and fairly low activity RMAHs, are there any issues that are really going to effect the gameplay and experience of local gamers?

Auzzie and Kiwi players, post your concerns!
Edited by Ferastin on 4/9/2012 9:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I haven't played the beta, so I don't really know. However, playing SC2 in Australia while being on the american servers are generally good with almost no lag most times. Not sure how that transfers over to D3, but I hope it's exactly the same
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Nah i cant see ping been an issue in a game like this.
Reply Quote
25 Troll Hunter
Actually, my bad, I think there's a system where all of the combat stuff is sorted locally. So just the RMAHs then.
Reply Quote
I think the only latency issues we'll face are the HC disconnects. Hopefully that will never happen though
Reply Quote
WTF?! I was first to post here and my topic got deleted!
Reply Quote
04/09/2012 10:03 PMPosted by D3BETA
I think the only latency issues we'll face are the HC disconnects. Hopefully that will never happen though

I'm worried about disconnects in the first week.
Reply Quote
I am so crossing my fingers that the tech can handle the latency as they have said.

I would have played D2 exclusively online all those years ago but the lag was just too much compared to the feeling of offline play.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
So for those who have played the beta in Australia or NZ, how has the play experience been?
Reply Quote
04/09/2012 10:11 PMPosted by Zhile
I'm worried about disconnects in the first week.

I guess we'll be able to see how the level 1-10 experience goes as to how laggy it will be on release before we have the unlockable option of HC at level 10. I just really hope that it won't be unplayable as a result.
Reply Quote
04/09/2012 10:20 PMPosted by Arcagnion
So for those who have played the beta in Australia or NZ, how has the play experience been?

Excellent, can't wait, i have my holidays down for the first week. Gameplay was very smooth and i haven't been disconnected at all. However, the beta playerbase doesnt compare at all to the load on the servers at release.
Reply Quote
04/09/2012 10:25 PMPosted by D3BETA

Excellent, can't wait, i have my holidays down for the first week. Gameplay was very smooth and i haven't been disconnected at all. However, the beta playerbase doesnt compare at all to the load on the servers at release.

You would hope blizz have enough experience in launching online games and don't require more vespane gas.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

It's been alright, only real issue is ping and it's fine for the most part. I have had some issues before where I've had 600ms or so and it's been painful to play, not sure what caused it though. Normally I sit at 250ms :)
Edited by Novaqt on 4/9/2012 10:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
usually sit around 230ms no issues its great!
Reply Quote
- ANZ
No problems at all. 200ms-ish latency, which is hardly a problem (I've played more latency-terrible games with a bigger number).

Should be all good at launch. =D
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    [TCP]Mathmick - Most Valuable Poster
    http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/36798 - The Most Valuable Poster program info

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFiAhu1ONKs&t=5m40s
Reply Quote
25 Troll Hunter
04/09/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Boss
WTF?! I was first to post here and my topic got deleted!

Check the posting guidelines. I did the same thing (and before you), and had the same result.
Reply Quote
Will there be down times during our peak hours?
Edited by D3BETA on 4/9/2012 11:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So far all I've noticed is some slight ping issues. Every so often i'll get over 500ms for a few minutes and this would definitely cause some problems playing a HC character.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Usually sit around 200-210, most cases this provides a nice gaming experience there is nothing that feels abnormal.

I have had it jump to high 200s and a slight amount of rubber-banding and lag can be noticed, which reduces the fun.

I would give anything for Oceanic servers, Blizzard should start a kickstarter and allow the people of Aus / NZ to fund it - I'm sure we would given the chance, which may help them to get it done :)

Either way the net code for D3 is mighty impressive and will allow us to play somewhat normally despite our latencies - can't wait for May 15th.
Reply Quote
I think they'll get right, but as said above, we really just need Oceanic servers for D3.

Cannot wait for May 15th!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]