Diablo® III

Bad Idea to attend midnight launches...

... because servers unlock midnight PST (California), which is 5pm EST (+/- 2 hrs for NZ/WestAust).

It will be a fruitless effort to attend one, unless you enjoy disappointment and a loss of sleep.

Simply pick up the game during the day of the 15th and install it at your own leisure.

There is a timer here that you can use to calibrate yourself http://www.diablo3launch.com/

And to clarify: There is no SEA/ANZ server for Diablo 3 like there is for SC2, with which we were able to have midnight launches and such for Wings Of Liberty's release (but wont be able to for D3).
Edited by ArtVandelay on 4/15/2012 4:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Need a blue to confirm but this sounds right.
Reply Quote
A blue does not need to 'confirm it'. they already confirmed it when they announced release...
Reply Quote
25 Troll Hunter
You could always play on the SEA servers. Don't they start up half a day before everyone else?
Reply Quote
Well. SC2 started right up at midnight release iirc.
Reply Quote
Man that is going to be a very long day indeed. Need something to fill the time. I got golf lessons for my birthday so Im going to make a appointment for the 15th that should help, then get stocked up on food and booze for the long night of epicness ahead
Reply Quote
At least nowadays we don't have to wait 7 hours or so after launch. That was the case with WotLK which really pissed me off.
Edited by Hypersonic on 4/10/2012 12:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/10/2012 12:36 AMPosted by Ferastin
You could always play on the SEA servers. Don't they start up half a day before everyone else?

04/10/2012 12:38 AMPosted by D3BETA
Well. SC2 started right up at midnight release iirc.

Don't forget the fact that there is no SEA server for Diablo 3 (hence we have a sub forum here instead of on a sea.battle.net)
Edited by ArtVandelay on 4/10/2012 12:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/10/2012 12:42 AMPosted by ArtVandelay
Don't forget the fact that there is no SEA server for Diablo 3 (hence we have a sub forum here instead of on a sea.battle.net)

That seems a fair inference, but is it confirmed somewhere?
Reply Quote
Thanks Kog :)
Reply Quote
Yes! This has to be correct. Thanks for that extra peace of mind ArtVandelay

Similar thing happened with CATA.
I remember my local EB games store sent me a TXT (as I pre-ordered the game with them) and said I could pick it up early and be ready before the servers went live. Initially, their intent was to host a sale that night after the servers were live - just like most other retailers.

We are 18hrs ahead of NA, which means we can Install and be ready before the servers are live!

Perhaps this would change if Blizz decided to give the green light to the servers before midnight 15th May PDT.

I'm really hoping things don't change, a sleep in, a day at work and a pre-install of the game works better for me than a midnight sale (especially when there no point in a midnight sale).
Reply Quote
04/10/2012 03:15 AMPosted by D3BETA

That seems a fair inference, but is it confirmed somewhere?

us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4175551303

That post confirms that SEA players will "Default" to the Americas server.

This doesn't explain whether the game will be playable on the SEA server.
Reply Quote
You can spend the time reading the art book developer diaries, install D2 + D2 LOD :P.

Or just stare at the box like what I plan to do!
Reply Quote
I'm going to bump this. It feel down the bottom... and a lot of people still seem to ask about midnight launch events.
Reply Quote
00:00:00 Tuesday May 15, 2012 in PST8PDT converts to
19:00:00 Tuesday May 15, 2012 in NZ
Reply Quote
I just got off the phone to EB Brisbane Myer Centre.

I ordered online to be picked up in that store as I was expecting a midnight launch.

Since we don't appear to be getting a midnight launch, I was going to transfer it to Mt Gravatt which is way more convenient for me.

I called Myer Centre and they said I could transfer it, but I wouldn't be getting a Collector's Edition at the other end as the Collector's Editions are allocated by store and couldn't be swapped around.

Good to know, don't want anyone stuffing up their CE entitlement.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I doubt there will be midnight releases for D3 as there isnt a point - it makes no sense to pick up a game at midnight and then wait all the next day to be able to play it.
Reply Quote
I convinced my local gaming store to host a midnight release for D3 a year back. I don't really want to go back after all that and tell them all that arguing was for nothing... Someone else do it please.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]