Diablo® III

Digital Download Concern (Be ready to play..)

So I am hoping someone may be able to put my fears / annoyance to rest.

I got the WoW annual pass for 1 reason: To ensure I could play Diablo 3 as soon as possible, because the store where my CE is preordered won't open untill 10:00AM.

So the plan was to get the wow annual pass, because I "might" want to check out Pandaria any way, and have access to the Digital download version for those first 10 hours.

Well, I live on the east coast. So, I knew there was a chance I would have to wait untill 3 AM to play. I get that.

But now, from various fan sites, I am hearing rumors / speculation that the servers will actually go up based on your region. So, you may actually be able to play on the east Coast at Midnight Eastern.

But, the way I understand it, my digital download is "locked" untill 12:01 PST, and can't be installed untill then.

So, after doing all of this to ensure I can play at midnight, am I going to end up sitting here waiting untill 3AM to play, when my buddy who went to wall mart at midnight is already playing for 2 1/2 hours because the servers went live at 12 eastern?
Reply Quote
My bet is that the regional servers will be going live at midnight for one of the time zones in that region, so asia pacific, americas... etc...

Our region will likely go live at midnight Blizzard's local time, so PDT. 3AM EDT.

This is all just speculation, but I can't see them doing it any other way.
Reply Quote
We dont know yet in the installer will unlock before launch, it might, it might not.

You CAN download the game and have it ready, installation should not take more then a few minutes (unless your on a dinasaur of a PC).
Reply Quote
It won't affect you in the USA as there is only choice, USA. There is no longer a USA East or West. There is no East or West server, only USA. Easterners will have to wait until 3 AM.

The game will unlock at 12:01AM PST for all of the USA. Other countries may have different times, but the USA is all at the same time as there is only 1 server.

That is not subject to change.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]