Diablo® III

The New Demon Hunter back-story

For anyone who doesn't already know, Blizzard released a launch site where you can learn about the classes, join some contests, and even create custom banners. The first class they decided to detail was the DH (yay!!!) and they added a new short story for her (link here: http://reveal.diablo3.com/en_US/class_gathering/demon_hunter).

I won't put any spoilers in this post in case someone hasn't read it yet, but you might want to read it before reading any responses. Anyone else in love with the general epic-ness / badass-ness of the story? Or did anyone dislike it for any reasons? I thought it was a great addition to the lore of the DH and made me want to play her even more.
Reply Quote
I'm feeling the same as you. I was already frakking excited to play as a demon hunter and now they blowed my mind away. Seriously, the lore behind this class is so rich and meaningful. They're doing an awesome job.

The short-story was incredibly fun and surprisingly dark and gruesome. But the damn scared jaw is driving me nuts: the in game model doesn't have a scar! Miscommunication between departments or totally different demon hunter? Or it's just me not noticing it?
Reply Quote
Shouldn't be a different Demon Hunter since she said she was going to go look for the Fallen Star. They probably just added it for effect in the short story and never passed it along to any of the design teams. It's certainly not in any of the artwork to my knowledge.

After reading that story I'm definitely making my DH a female, though. Keep my play in line with the lore and her badass background.
Edited by LtShaft on 4/6/2012 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]