Diablo® III

The #1 Thing You Are Excited For?

+1 for the cinematics! D2 = best cinematics ever.
Reply Quote
Archon skill.
Reply Quote
Oh yeah PvP too, but we won't see that for a year or so.
Reply Quote
I can't wait for that feeling I'll get when I kill the SK for the first time in the full game and finally get to see what happens afterward. Eeeh! ^^
Reply Quote
Phat lewts.

Also having a new co-op game to play with my friends.
Reply Quote
49 Tauren Warrior
The monk!!!!!
Reply Quote
#1 most excited?

To click "LAUNCH" and something actually happens.
Reply Quote
To actually play the game. No beta for me.
Reply Quote
The cinematics/Story

3,125,567 seconds to go!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
It changes a lot, but today, I'm most looking forward to the soundtrack. I was studying StarCraft II earlier, and I had the StarCraft II soundtrack playing at the time, and it was very invigorating. I regularly listen to the Diablo / II soundtracks while working on Diablo things, and I simply can't wait to add the Diablo III soundtrack to them.

Everything I've heard from it so far has made me exceedingly happy about playing the retail game at full volume.
Reply Quote
It changes a lot, but today, I'm most looking forward to the soundtrack. I was studying StarCraft II earlier, and I had the StarCraft II soundtrack playing at the time, and it was very invigorating. I regularly listen to the Diablo / II soundtracks while working on Diablo things, and I simply can't wait to add the Diablo III soundtrack to them.

Everything I've heard from it so far has made me exceedingly happy about playing the retail game at full volume.

Are you like me? I usually leave sound effects very low while music is at full with any game I play.
Reply Quote

I hope this isn't just marketing fluff. Both the Diablo and Warcraft franchises began taking a noise-dive in the music department around the turn of the last decade(from '90s to '00), and although WoW had some good tracks, they were too far and few between to say that the game had "good" music, but only "acceptable" music.

Cutting back on the production effort for music in video games seems to have been a major trend, however, not just for Blizzard but for most of the industry, with only the rare gem of a game popping up here or there (usually from Indie developers).

I'm holding you to your word, Kaivax - your integrity is at stake.

BTW keep up the good work everywhere else, though - mmmKayy? ;)
Edited by IkeCube on 4/8/2012 8:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I'm glad the D3 CE comes with the soundtrack CD, because I liked the music from D1/D2 as well :).
Edited by Bankerx on 4/8/2012 8:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thing I'm looking forward to BY FAR the most is PvP, especially team PvP with a couple of my buddies. I hope Blizz doesn't take too long to patch it in!
Reply Quote

Haha it's funny you should mention this.

I run a Dungeons and Dragons game for a group of 8 foreigners out here in the boonies of Northern Japan. The other day we were doing a dungeon and I put on my D1/D2 soundtrack. Two of them immediately recognized the 'Rogue' and 'Into Tristram' themes and they others wanted to know where they could get the music after.

Starcraft 1 is similar - great soundtrack.

Starcraft 2 was slightly different and I didn't like it as much. It sounded more like generic ambient music rather than actual 'tracks' in their own right. Not bad by any means, but not as instantly memorable as Uelmann's stuff.

Diablo 3 I am curious about and will reserve judgement.
Reply Quote

See this thread and then I'll tell you what i'm looking forward to the most with how you respond.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4253973263
Reply Quote
Me and my close friends actualy starting a Diablo game togather.

It changes a lot, but today, I'm most looking forward to the soundtrack. I was studying StarCraft II earlier, and I had the StarCraft II soundtrack playing at the time, and it was very invigorating. I regularly listen to the Diablo / II soundtracks while working on Diablo things, and I simply can't wait to add the Diablo III soundtrack to them.Everything I've heard from it so far has made me exceedingly happy about playing the retail game at full volume.

So true I didnt even think of that. The soundtrack in starcraft 2 is absolutely amazing. Cant wait for D3!!!
Edited by CamboSlack on 4/8/2012 8:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Demon Hunter!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]