That said, we know there have been a few issues with the site that have caused confusion for participants. Below are answers to common questions we’ve seen since the site launched. It’s our goal to ensure your experience with the features of this campaign is a positive one, as everyone should be looking forward to unlocking the amazing content we’ve prepared for you.
For more information on the basic functionality of the features for this promotion, see the official FAQ.
The site was very unstable the first few days of launch and I wasn’t receiving confirmation emails that I’d successfully claimed a sigil. Why didn’t you extend the time the demon hunter was active?
- Even though confirmation emails weren’t being sent, we did receive all submissions made during the period when our mailer wasn’t working. If you’re worried your submission wasn’t received and that hero is no longer available, fret not, there will be a period at the end of the promotion where you’ll be able to claim any sigils you might’ve missed.
Why have Mark of Valor gallery updates been so infrequent?
- While we’ve had no problems receiving all of your banner submissions, we experienced an issue that prevented us from being able to update the gallery on the website. This should now be fixed and you can expect to see new faces in the gallery (maybe even your own!) much more frequently.
Why isn’t the image I submitted in the gallery?
- As we’re receiving hundreds of thousands of images, not all submissions will be posted on the website.
There are a lot of pictures in the Mark of Valor gallery. How will I know if my image has been added?
- If your image is selected for display in our gallery, you’ll receive an email letting you know.
The website said my submission was successful, but I never received a confirmation email. How do I know if it worked?
- We experienced an issue during the first few days of the promotion where our mailer was not properly sending confirmations to participants. As of April 9 this has been fixed; however, rest assured that this didn’t prevent us from receiving submissions prior to April 9. If you’re still worried about not receiving the sigil, you’re welcome to submit another entry in order to get a confirmation email. There will be a brief period at the end of the promotion where you’ll be able to obtain sigils you might’ve missed.
What happens if I mistype my Battle.net email address?
- The website doesn’t verify your email address is valid at the time you make a banner image submission, so make sure you type it in carefully! You’ll receive a Mark of Valor confirmation email shortly after submitting your picture.
How can I tell the email I receive apart from a phishing or scam email?
- The automated email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re worried about whether or not an email is legitimate, just know that no action is required on your part if you receive an email from this address (you won’t be asked to reply or click on any links).
Why does the unique URL of my Mark of Valor image (provided when clicking the “share” buttons) not load my image?
- This is an issue we fixed very recently. Share your image with the world now!
Why hasn’t the progress bar for the unlocked content moved?
- There was initially an issue that prevented the progress indicator from properly reflecting participant activity on the site. This has been fixed and you should see the progress indicator update more frequently.
When will I actually receive my sigil?
- We’re keeping records of all the Battle.net accounts which have claimed each sigil. Within the first couple of weeks of Diablo III’s release (May 15), we’ll be processing all of these accounts and flagging them to unlock the appropriate sigils. The bonus sigils will automatically appear for those who unlocked them in the banner customization screen in-game.
If there are additional questions you have regarding this campaign not already addressed here, in the FAQ, in the Hero of the Day contest rules, or in the Portrait of a Champion contest rules, please let us know.