Diablo® III

Summary of previous titles in Diablo 3? +CE?

So, first of all, I never played or heard of Diablo 1 or 2, until a few years back, because I had a dial-up connection, and only recently moved out and got a high speed internet. With that out of the way, I have 2 questions:
1) Will Diablo 3 provide some kind of in-game summary or cinematic of previous games, or should I simply read it on the wiki?
2) The CE includes Diablo 2 and the expansion on that thumb drive. Does it come with a code we can attach these games to Battle.NET?

I'm on a fence of pre-ordering the CE, but if we can't add these games to our account, it would be pretty pointless, and I'll probably pass it because most of the making of and the art book can be found a few days later on the interwebz anwyays.
Thank you
Edited by KLARC on 4/10/2012 4:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1) Doubtful Blizzard will include the older stuff with Diablo III retail but you can turn over to the 15 Year Anniversary page which includes all the cinematic from Diablo II and Lord of Destruction. (Nothing from Diablo vanilla-wise but youtube can resolve that issue for you without a doubt, pulling up the old trailers and the endings.)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/anniversary/

I've heard the D3 installer features Deckard Cain narrating lore much like Wings of Liberty. I can't say to what extent but I would strongly expect it to cover at least the a quick overview of the D1-LOD plotline, with animation presented through their new "storybook" approach.

Diablo 3 will be featuring journals as dropped loot that will offering some insight into the previous Diablo games (for those utterly new to the universe off the bat). Also the recent sourcebook, Book of Cain gives a far, far more in-depth look into the lore of Sanctuary if you enjoy reading.

2) Naturally there's a key. Blizzard done a similar thing while back with their flashdrives for the Wings of Liberty CE, ready with digital copies of StarCraft and Brood War to install. Any who the tread linked bellow brought up the same matter up:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/188789201
Reply Quote
Wall-O-Text

Thank you, exactly what I needed, will pick up the CE then xD
Reply Quote
Book of Cain is your best bet to learn about most lore, even the one thats not in the previous games, its like the bible and you can pick it up easily even if you are not a books person, since its easy to read and it got pictures of the demons, angels, etc.
Reply Quote
I would agree with Aceleph. The Book of Cain is very well informed with the history of Diablo I and Diablo II + extra history and lore for gaps, and the Sin War... not to mention it was just a overall good read! and also the sketches are really cool!
Reply Quote
Aside from purchasing the Book of Cain (I myself have and I highly recommended it for anybody wanting to get a nice summary of Diablo lore as well as some fantastic visual aids), Diablo 3's installer does a recap of events from Diablo and Diablo 2. If you don't have the client downloaded yet and can't wait, there's a bunch of videos up on YouTube; some with a fan narrating in Cain's likeness, but don't expect Michael Gough quality.

I prefer this one because it includes the full script and plays alongside the iconic music of Tristram: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXEqhUzY06c&feature=relmfu
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]