Diablo® III

Minimum price for gold is too high.

(Locked)

Edit: It seems this was fixed in beta patch 16 :) So nevermind

Currently you can not sell for gold on the RMAH for less than $1 which makes no sense, especially considering later in the game when getting 1000 gold is going to be super easy. (It already is in the beta) Will the auction house gold selling be changed for release, perhaps sell in 10,000/100,000 bunches or allow for gold prices below $1?
Edited by Anuiran on 4/10/2012 2:44 PM PDT
There's a minimum amount of gold to be able to list it, and I believe the rmah for gold is a percentage, not a flat rate like items. (it's all in the FAQ)
Yes I understand that, what I am saying is you can't sell 50,000 gold at .50 per 1000. The minimum per 1000 is $1. Which honestly is far too much.
Less people buying it, due to overpriced. Sounds good to me.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Very well could be some sort of Tax Issue. By that I mean a lot of states now charge sales tax on online purchases but could be just as easily some other reason
Or it could be that they are still polishing the system and will introduce more flexibility before release.
95 Human Mage
There are merchant fees involved behind the scenes for carrying out transactions which may require that minimum purchases be no less than $1.

A lot of stores require a minimum $5 purchase if you use your credit/debit card. This is because there are fees assessed by whichever Merchant Services company they use anytime a transaction is made, and sometimes those fees can exceed the profit-markup of the item being purchased if it's really cheap. These fees are usually a base cost plus a percentage, such as $1 + 3% of the transaction. A product with a profit margin less than a buck will actually cause the store to lose money if they allow a person to buy it with a card.

Blizzard is faced with a similar situation. Each transaction that gets conducted on the RMAH is going to cost them (Blizzard) a fee if the seller chooses to cash out to their PayPal account. PayPal traditionally charges $0.30 plus 2% of the transaction as their fee (BUT WE DON'T KNOW YET FOR SURE WHAT THEY'LL CHARGE).

See, here's the thing. IF you list 10,000 gold for $5 ($0.50 per 1,000) folks can still buy from that in increments of 1,000. They aren't required to buy all 10,000 pieces of gold at once, so they'd be able to initiate a transaction of $0.50 and if the buyer chooses to cash out that sales to their PayPal account, they'd lose 15% to Blizzard (or about $0.075) and a further $0.30 + $0.01, leaving them with only $0.115 transferred to their PayPal account. Since we don't know for sure yet what PayPal will assess as a fee, it's possible that $0.115 might actually be a high estimate. Quite likely, it's also possible that transfers of less than $1 won't yield any funds at all if cashed out to PayPal.
95 Human Mage
04/10/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Steveman
Or it could be that they are still polishing the system and will introduce more flexibility before release.
Very True. It is of course possible that at some point the increment in which gold can be sold might change to accommodate the economy. If $1 for 1,000 proves reliably to be too expensive, they could change the increment to be 10,000 so that transactions remain no less than $1, but the cost per gold piece can still change. I'm sure that if it's called for, Blizzard will utilize this power.

04/10/2012 12:32 PMPosted by D3BETA
Supply and demand ??
Also possible. If what we've seen of Inferno is true, then as players get to the later difficulties, Repair costs will become progressively larger gold sinks. End Game players will likely remove gold from the overall economy reducing supply. Even if they don't buy it directly off the RMAH, so long as they sell gear on the GAH for gold from players that do buy gold off the RMAH, the net effect will be the same. Less gold in the economy equaling less supply for the demand that's out there.
Community Manager
I'm a bird.
Your argument is invalid.
I'm a bird.

lol
I'm a bird.

/thread
I'm a bird.

laughed my !@# off
I'm a bird.

What happened to the Fallen Shaman? :S
I'm a bird.

Hows that chat system

Lol.
I'm a bird.

cacao
I'm a bird.

lol
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]