Diablo® III

Hand Crossbows to now be known as Pistolbow

85 Draenei Shaman
Personally, I find Hand Crossbow a pain in the neck to type out, or even say. Been using the term Pistolbow with friends, and it seems like it's really catching on. I fully expect this to be the list of shortforms

Bow = bow
Crossbow = xbow
Hand Crossbow = Pistolbow = pbow

Lemme know if you plan on using this short-form, if you've already been using this short-form, or why you won't be.
Reply Quote
How is pbow so superior to hbow?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
04/10/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Isarii
How is pbow so superior to hbow?

Because pistolbow is more fluid to say in conversation than handbow.

Regardless if "you" decide to adapt this, a bunch of my friends already exclusively call them pistolbows, and naturally more and more people will begin using the term.
Reply Quote
pistolbow is 3 syllables. Handbow is 2. how is that more fluid? And they aren't pistols. They're bows.
04/10/2012 08:53 PMPosted by Stuffyz
Regardless if "you" decide to adapt this, a bunch of my friends already exclusively call them pistolbows, and naturally more and more people will begin using the term.

Really? That's a bit egocentric. Also putting "you" in quotations. Why?
Edited by LtShaft on 4/10/2012 9:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/10/2012 08:53 PMPosted by Stuffyz
a bunch of my friends

This is how I know you're lying.
Reply Quote
They'll probably just be called dw xbows :o
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I tried to maximize crit% chance to dominate with the generation effects, stacking as much hatred is vital, certainly because I dual handies...

...what, is that not gonna catch on?
Edited by Korba on 4/10/2012 11:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Personally, I find Hand Crossbow a pain in the neck to type out, or even say. Been using the term Pistolbow with friends, and it seems like it's really catching on. I fully expect this to be the list of shortforms

Bow = bow
Crossbow = xbow

Lemme know if you plan on using this short-form, if you've already been using this short-form, or why you won't be.

For Hand Crossbow, I've called it hxbow. I guess you could just call it a hx though.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
handbow or hbow gets my vote all day long
Reply Quote
How about handgun crossbows, well call it Hizzy's. Thats some fluid s**t dawg.
Reply Quote

Bow = bow
Crossbow = xbow

For Hand Crossbow, I've called it hxbow. I guess you could just call it a hx though.

I vote for hx or hxb
Reply Quote
77 Troll Druid
Sticky plz.
Reply Quote
04/11/2012 07:11 AMPosted by D3BETA

You've got my vote, they're now known as Hizzy's.

Dude, my hizzy is off the chain. It's pimped out with 22dps and 40" spinners. !@#$ is dope.
Reply Quote
04/11/2012 09:27 AMPosted by LtShaft
Dude, my hizzy is off the chain. It's pimped out with 22dps and 40" spinners. !@#$ is dope.

Thats what im talking about brother. My hizzy got hatred regen son, plus i nicknamed it the chopper. That chopper brrrrat brrrat
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
dual hizzy = shnizzy
love it.. so bad it has integer overflow back into awesome; anything that makes str33t speak lame is +1 in my book
Reply Quote
My girlfriend's birthday was coming up so I got that b*tch a shnizzy. B*tches love shnizzies.
Edited by LtShaft on 4/11/2012 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/11/2012 09:27 AMPosted by LtShaft

You've got my vote, they're now known as Hizzy's.

Lol'd irl.

Still better than OP's suggestion though. Pbow sounds like Tebow which makes me hate it. Maybe it's because I live in CO.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]