Diablo® III

Getting yellow drops in the beta

90 Orc Warrior
Do they only drop from the first time a fresh charater kills a boss?
Reply Quote
You can get them as random drops, but it's rare
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
killed the last boss in beta about 20 times with one toon and 4 times with other toons and only gotten yellows on the first kill with a toon and its been everytime
Reply Quote
Ive gotten 2 drop from 2 different chars from busting barrels with about 8% mf on.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
04/14/2012 08:40 PMPosted by D3BETA
Ive gotten 2 drop from 2 different chars from busting barrels with about 8% mf on.

And you got yellows? Im at 17% and nothing lol not biggie though, just messing around in the game for a bit just wondering how everyone else is doing with finding rares
Reply Quote
With lvl1 chars running the sk ^^
Reply Quote
26% MF and not ONE rare has dropped for me. Besides, of course, the first killing of the SK.
Reply Quote
MF doesnt change on the drop rate of rare items, it just make difference with the stats on the item...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
MF should increase your chance to get Rare drops. It did in Diablo 2, and even if they majorly overhauled how the system works it wouldn't make sense for MF to not increase your chance to find Rares.
Reply Quote
Well - my first toon was a Barb, which I leveled to 13. Got a single rare drop from the King, a bow oddly enough. That was the only rare I got, period.

Second toon (currently playing at level 9) is a Demon Hunter and already have 4 rare drops, 2 from the King and 2 random drops, one off an elite pack and 1 from a normal skele mob in the Cathedral.. level 3 I think. A leather helm, a leather belt, a leather hood and a hand bow.

Seems pretty randomized to me, and working as intended.

Just to keep the feedback updated.

Frustrating point - seeing level 16 rare craftables available :( lol - I want to craft them (... want to USE them)

Thanks
Reply Quote
View profile
04/15/2012 09:00 AMPosted by MercyLessQC
MF doesnt change on the drop rate of rare items, it just make difference with the stats on the item...

Incorrect. It does influence Rares/Uniques/Sets as well as Magic items though at a diminished rate. MF has NO Bearing on the "Quality" of the Affixes on the drops. 1000% MF isn't going to make an item have the MAX affix value. Your just as likely to get an the Min value of an affix as you are the max with 1000% MF.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]