Diablo® III

dogs vs fetish army in inferno and pvp

Imagine this: in pvp and inferno, your enamies easily 1-2 hit kill your dogs.

this makes the 20 second shelf life of the fetish army not too shabby.

Fetish Army: they do 2x the damage x 5 (20% x 5 = 100% x 20 seconds = 2000 damage in 20 seconds) (120 recast time)
vs
dogs: if they lived 20 seconds, it would be about 10% x 3 x 20 = 600% damage in the same time period. (60 second recast time)

you could then add the bonus of 120% damage when summoned, which means about 3000 damage in the 20 second time period vs 600% damage.

now if they are all going to die in under 20 seconds and you were not going to choose explosion or passive skills to keep them alive longer... why would you pick them?

im having this debate now because i want to use my pets but they are not my main focus.
Reply Quote
I haven't seen their survivability in inferno, but my guess is : you wouldn't. I think a viable option would be runed spells that give a chance to spawn a zombie dog i.e. Boogie Man rune on Big Bag Voodoo...But yeah, if I ever put them on my skill bar, it's going to make them explode, and I highly doubt that, since it would cost me 2 skill slots for about 600% dmg every minute...
Reply Quote
thats why dogs seem to have lost their usefulness they have received a reduction in damage by about 75% or more since the % damage system was implemented in late fall.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]