Diablo® III

Right clicking on a mac....

So I know it's risky posting anything about my Mac here, but I had a question. Why do I have to hold down the function key to right click? and is there any way around it? perhaps a regular mouse rather than the magic mouse?

1) I know know, Macs suck.... I should be killed, your 2002 dell is better, over priced, etc., etc., etc.

2) I will say that I am running the Beta at full settings and it looks awesome!
Reply Quote
You can use any mouse with a Mac
Reply Quote
Macs suck
Reply Quote
sounds like the magic mouse isn't very magical.
Reply Quote
Might I suggest purchasing a Razer mouse or a Logitech mouse. You will be able to find one that is compatible with your mac and will be far easier to use than a magic mouse.

I am currently using a Razer Orochi with my 2010 Macbook Pro and it works like a dream.
Reply Quote
I have a mac with normal (microsoft) mouse and i dont need hold down the function key.
your magic mouse sucks, not the mac. :P
Reply Quote
Might I suggest purchasing a Razer mouse or a Logitech mouse. You will be able to find one that is compatible with your mac and will be far easier to use than a magic mouse.

I am currently using a Razer Orochi with my 2010 Macbook Pro and it works like a dream.

personally think ther razer product build quality is one step above fecal matter. Go with logitech :)
Reply Quote
lol just get a generic microsoft mouse.
Reply Quote
Ok good. I was hoping it was mouse related.
Reply Quote
No you can change that in your System Preferences...

System Preferences > Trackpad > Secondary click > drop down menu
System Preferences > Mouse > Primary mouse button > Left
Reply Quote

personally think ther razer product build quality is one step above fecal matter. Go with logitech :)

Your opinion is your own, of course, and I respect that. :) But my experience with Razer peripherals (mice and mouse pads - I refuse to use their headsets...I use Sennheiser for my audiophile tendencies) has been nothing but extraordinary.
Reply Quote
Yep get another mouse

Generic Logitech or Microsoft if u wana keep it simple.

If you want a better mouse you can look into Razer (I like the deathadder especially if you have big hands or like big mouse) or Steelseries (smaller and really good too!!)
Reply Quote

I'd have to agree with you here. I've owned 5 different razer products. They were all steaming piles of dung. My friend had just bought the Lycosa and the Naga; and the Lycosa was causing his machine to blue-screen.
Reply Quote
You don't need a new mouse. The magic mouse already has right click... just go into your system preference, mouse, and enable secondary click. In addition, you can hotkey guestures on the mouse to correspond with hotkey 1,2,3,4 if you'd like.
Reply Quote
You have to do arbitrary and annoying things because your on a Macintosh and we all know the Apple company doesn't want you doing anything they don't authorize.
Reply Quote
No you can change that in your System Preferences...

System Preferences > Trackpad > Secondary click > drop down menu
System Preferences > Mouse > Primary mouse button > Left

Yup. Macs have right click.

I have a mac and just got a razer mouse - Razer Molten while it was on sale on amazon. I'd recommend it or another similar mouse because the magic mouse just isn't for gaming.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/17/2012 07:36 AMPosted by Azrael
I'd have to agree with you here. I've owned 5 different razer products. They were all steaming piles of dung. My friend had just bought the Lycosa and the Naga; and the Lycosa was causing his machine to blue-screen.

I've used razer mice and keyboards for years. Recently just upgraded to the black widow mechanical keyboard. Never had a problem with any of them.
Reply Quote
04/17/2012 08:03 AMPosted by Drumith

I've used razer mice and keyboards for years. Recently just upgraded to the black widow mechanical keyboard. Never had a problem with any of them.

keyboards are alright, I had a deathadder from 07-08 and it just felt uncomfortable and cheap. Also it was very light in my hand. The coating razer uses wears off after about a year as well.

A lot of people hold their mice differently, and prefer different levels of sensitivity, so mileage may vary.

Personally though, I *love* my Logi g9x. adjustable weights (I like my mouse a bit on the heavy side), button to change wheel sensitivity, button to adjust DPI setting without opening your driver interface, 2 well placed side buttons that you don't accidentally hit, and an interchangable grip for people with big hands. Got it 2 years ago from a newegg special and I've been very happy with it since.
Reply Quote
in your system preferences you can change your preferences.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]