Diablo® III

Great endgame idea yes?

This is my endgame idea tell me if you like it.

It would consist in 3 stages for inferno.

Stage 1.
kill main bosses and find special key items to combine into something that sets off stage 2..

Stage2.
After you had made the item from stage 1 with the collection of items it turns all the champion packs into boss fights, consisting of one end act boss and lower bosses.
Example of pack, Diablo with skeleton king.
Once you get to the main bosses of the end of the acts diablo will be with them too.
For the diablo fight, diablo will not have any other bosses with him, instead he is like a uber hulk diablo.
You have to collect the items for stage3 by killing the new champion packs and all main bosses.
Strage. 3 Final Stage

You open a portal to a alternate reality where diablo and his minions have won.
You go to some sorta destroyed tristram where all 4 bosses are at. Where then you have to defeat all of them together in the same place.

Any way sorry for bad grammar/spelling mistakes.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure you just spoiled the actual ending for all of us.

I guess I'll just be going through the motions come May 15th.
Reply Quote
Essentially you are talking about something very similar to the Ubers from Diablo 2 really.

Isn't a fourth difficulty where you don't level up, but the monsters do, enough of an end game?

Supposedly its going to take us a while to beat it... so....
Reply Quote
Lots of people have lots of ideas for endgames.

What, specifically, does this idea have going for it and how would you address some obvious objections?
Reply Quote
I don't trust in blizzard to know what hard is to be honest. I think to them hell will be as hard as d2's nightmare because they underestimate the players.
Reply Quote
04/12/2012 05:02 AMPosted by Golden
I don't trust in blizzard to know what hard is to be honest. I think to them hell will be as hard as d2's nightmare because they underestimate the players.

Nightmare in D2 was easier than normal.
Reply Quote
04/12/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Saigyouji

No it wasn't you just happen to be to high of a level as soon as you entered it because like me you did 100 bail runs in normal before you entered.
Reply Quote
04/12/2012 05:02 AMPosted by Golden
I don't trust in blizzard

why are you playing their game? no uber runs in D3 please. long live inferno!
Reply Quote
04/12/2012 05:08 AMPosted by D3BETA
I don't trust in blizzard

why are you playing their game? no uber runs in D3 please. long live inferno!

Wow guy read a bit more before opening your mouth.
Reply Quote
hey i got one :)...

PVP
Reply Quote
Wow ok this really isn't a debate thread its more like yes or no if you like it or not..
I am not asking you what your endgame would be am I?
Reply Quote
i didn't read the post because i dont care.
Reply Quote
Who cares who likes it or not?

It is what it is and isn't going to change.
Reply Quote
Personally I like the idea, I was thinking of something similar whereby collecting artifacts would unlock additional bonus rooms, the artifacts should ofcourse be very hard to find but completing the bonus rooms would be very rewarding, for example a 10% boost to magic find for 7 days, or additional skill unlocks to make your character that little bit more unique.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
GANDALF DIES IN D3
Reply Quote
04/12/2012 05:06 AMPosted by Golden

No it wasn't you just happen to be to high of a level as soon as you entered it because like me you did 100 bail runs in normal before you entered.

Actually technically he's right. Typically you had access to your level 30 skills by early Act 5 normal (Assuming LoD). Out of the gate, Nightmare was easier simply because you could now just spam your way through most of the content with your level 30 skills. Got a little harder at the end, especially when they changed around the monsters in Act 5.
Reply Quote
Doesn't sound very special but like the old uber quest in diablo 2.
Reply Quote
I like the idea of a bonus level, maybe similar to the cow level, that's unlocked by collecting a few rare drops. I'm not sure I like the uber boss idea though. It would basically be reusing bosses we've already fought. I'd rather find rare keys to combine and create a portal to an area with new content, which could be a cow level, unicorn level or SC2 unit level.
Reply Quote
04/12/2012 06:16 AMPosted by Lucied
I like the idea of a bonus level, maybe similar to the cow level, that's unlocked by collecting a few rare drops. I'm not sure I like the uber boss idea though. It would basically be reusing bosses we've already fought. I'd rather find rare keys to combine and create a portal to an area with new content, which could be a cow level, unicorn level or SC2 unit level.

That sc2 idea was actually awesome! But i dont think that would apply very much to warcraft stuff though
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]