Diablo® III

CE. Problems

Anyway I can play @ release with my CE? I wish not to be behind from a possible hours+ CD install : ( My friend has WoW annual pass but a) im not sure if this will give me CE bonuses after I use my CD key & b) Not sure if this is legal?
Thanks in advance for any advice/info :)
Reply Quote
04/13/2012 10:31 PMPosted by sakeless
Anyway I can play @ release with my CE? I wish not to be behind from a possible hours+ CD install : (

If you want to play right on the minute on launch, you should ask the store you pre-ordered from will let you pick up beforehand. Some EB games stores are holding midnight launches on the 14th.

My friend has WoW annual pass but a) im not sure if this will give me CE bonuses after I use my CD key & b) Not sure if this is legal?

Whichever account that gets CE key is the account that gets the CE stuff.
Reply Quote
Thank you very much. I will try pleading with the EB manager in Bris city hehe. If that fails I guess I will see what happens with D/L of digi copy.. thanks again.
Reply Quote
Actually this I think will not be such a big issue. Because I think the NA servers would be enabled till midnight US time. That's like 2-5pm our time. That's enough to easy waltz into EB at 9am and get your CE. And do whatever till the servers are turned on.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
above is correct. servers wont go live till about 5pm EST so you wont have to worry about the game being live without you having your copy.

so for aussies at least, people who pre-ordered CE wont get behind people who purchased online. for people in the US, a different story.
Reply Quote
I'd suggest you heed everyone's advice except hypersonic.

There is no need for us to attend midnight launches for a 'pick up before hand' (or to bother them to get your CE from them the day before).

Instead: simply enter your regular store any time between 9-3. Collect/buy your game, take it home, install and wait till the servers unlock, which will be 7pm NZ, 5pm Eastern Aus, and 2pm Western Aus.
Edited by ArtVandelay on 4/15/2012 4:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/15/2012 04:17 AMPosted by ArtVandelay

Suddenly I am a person that just gives bad advice? Clearly I was not being unreasonable. If someone wants to attend the midnight launch, it's their choice.
Edited by Hypersonic on 4/15/2012 5:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Looks like some people had the same thoughts as I but actually did the math! Thanks everyone, this makes me happy. Hope to see you all online @ the weekend after D3 release vent party : )
Reply Quote
If servers go live at 5pm, would be nice to be able to pick it up earlier that day.

When I spoke to EB Brisbane, they seemed to indicate they would be letting them go at 5pm.

At that stage, they were still fuzzy about the times and whether midnight launch was a go or not.

If anyone gets an update, would love to know.
Reply Quote
04/15/2012 05:23 AMPosted by Hypersonic

Suddenly I am a person that just gives bad advice? Clearly I was not being unreasonable. If someone wants to attend the midnight launch, it's their choice.

Sorry. I didn't mean it as an attack... more like "I agree with the above, excluding that guy".

But to nit pick - I do believe it is unreasonable. Noting the fact that he simply wants to play the same time as everyone else: you suggested an early pick up either day before or midnight, even though having it that early won't benefit him. Simply explaining that he has no disadvantage due to fixed server unlock would be better for him.
Reply Quote
04/15/2012 06:10 AMPosted by Highlander
If servers go live at 5pm, would be nice to be able to pick it up earlier that day

Pretty much this... You've basically got all business day on the day-of-launch to head out to EB and pick it up.
Edited by D3BETA on 4/15/2012 10:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
With Starcraft II and WOW:Cata, I picked up my copies on release day, however it was still a number of hours before the servers went live, so, basically i had them installed, added to my account, and ready to go, when the servers switched on (or enabled the contend int WoW's regard)

I'd imagine Diablo III will be exactly the same.

Pick up the game some time on May 15th, the servers go Live 5:00pm AEST, So you can have it installed by then and ready to go.

If you decided to get the Annual Pass like i have, you will be able to play, and then upgrade to the CE for the in-game dyes and wings later on. (You also get 4 months free wow sub if you do this)

Personally, i'm going to be picking the game up during my Work lunch break, i have the game downloaded via the digital Download already, i'll use TeamViewer to remote home and install it fully, i can upgrade my account at work, and I'll get home about 5:30, log-in and start playing immediately all damn night.

Those are my plans anyway
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
Normally EB send off a text message if a number was provided during the day to come pick up the game. At least they do at the one near my place.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]