Diablo® III

A New Class Before Launch?

85 Troll Shaman
Has anyone else noticed that on the opening page where it says "Barbarian Revealed" towards the bottom it has a little circle with the DH portrait and now the Barbarian portrait. It gives the dates for the other classes to be "revealed" but there's a 6th button with no release date. Could this be a new class revealed at the last minute? Paladin perhaps? Maybe not. Just curious if anyone else was thinking something similar.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
well they did say a big announcement that will shock us or something, the only thing that could shock me would be another class.
Reply Quote
No, that is just the final one for REVEAL OF THE ACTUAL GAME release on 5/15.

I had to think it through when I saw that.
Edited by D3BETA on 4/15/2012 7:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
To me it seems plausible.
Reply Quote
Not plausible for a 6th, you think that could be kept a secret and not noticed in the data dumpster diving already done?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
You make a good point.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I'm only seeing 5... Barb and DH are revealed while the 3 others (WD, Monk, and Wizard) are locked.

Can you provide a link to the page where you see 6?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
It's the very opening page, where the top says "Continue to Diablo 3".
Reply Quote
Oh yikes. I hope it's not a new class... Things feel rather balanced right now, and I sincerely don't think they would leave out the testing of a whole class just for a surprise.
Reply Quote
Hmm, this is an interesting little nugget of information. I never noticed it before.

It's on the main diablo 3 splash page in case others missed it. Just google "continue to diablo 3" and click the first link. edit: http://us.battle.net/en/int?r=d3 :)

I doubt it's a new class, but it does seem intriguing.
Edited by Wayfarer on 4/15/2012 7:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Hmm, this is an interesting little nugget of information. I never noticed it before.

It's on the main diablo 3 splash page in case others missed it. Just google "continue to diablo 3" and click the first link. edit: http://us.battle.net/en/int?r=d3 :)

I doubt it's a new class, but it does seem intriguing.

Thanks you, I assumed it was a splash page, but wasn't entirely sure how to make it come up.

That does indeed seem odd...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I sincerely hope it is the creators throwing something that we haven't seen yet in before launch. Something unexpected.
Reply Quote
04/15/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Ichinose
Has anyone else noticed that on the opening page where it says "Barbarian Revealed" towards the bottom it has a little circle with the DH portrait and now the Barbarian portrait. It gives the dates for the other classes to be "revealed" but there's a 6th button with no release date. Could this be a new class revealed at the last minute? Paladin perhaps? Maybe not. Just curious if anyone else was thinking something similar.

Wow dude, very nice catch, and your theory seems like it could be very accurate. I mean why put some kind've event in a character list, what else could it possibly even be?
Reply Quote
I am hoping that it is them revealing that act info in the game guide that has been missing for so long.
Reply Quote
If true, this would shake the world. I don't think we're prepared, as a race. Blizz might want to reconsider.
Reply Quote
My guess would be the final cinematic or whatever is the final unlock on the Darkness Falls, Heros Rise page. http://reveal.diablo3.com/en_US/

It doesn't have a date because it unlocks based on site visits or content exploration or whatever.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I don't think it's the reveal of the other acts. Bashiok said in a tweet that blizzard wasn't going to add the other acts to the game info until the game is launched.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
Perhaps Information on The Arena.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
04/15/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Alexandria
Oh yikes. I hope it's not a new class... Things feel rather balanced right now, and I sincerely don't think they would leave out the testing of a whole class just for a surprise.

all 13 levels of testing with limited skill selection?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]