Diablo® III

A New Class Before Launch?

How do people even come up with this? A 6th character, largely untested, to be announced right before release date? Asinine.
Edited by D3BETA on 4/16/2012 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Followers ?
Diablo ?
Reply Quote
The Archivist revamped & real.
Reply Quote
I know there was a thread about this a while ago.

Idk where.
Reply Quote
04/15/2012 07:34 PMPosted by D3BETA
Not plausible for a 6th, you think that could be kept a secret and not noticed in the data dumpster diving already done?

this
Reply Quote
It's Imperius and the scene of his fight with Tyrael, we all know that, we're just waiting to see what exactly happens.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
as you can see its 1 per week untill launch... the last week is for people that missed out on previous weeks, they've already announced this. Adding a new class a week before release seems extreme and I doubt that is the case.

I think it might be a video show casing the angels for the first time showing us a 3rd person perspective of whats currently happening in the heavens while the falling star arrives to Sanctuary... like a lore video to introduce them properly
Edited by Tikia on 4/16/2012 1:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Not a sixth class per se, but yes in the full version Diablo is a playable character. When playing as Diablo the game is more like a Japanese-style dating sim. It's pretty fun. I think people are really going to enjoy it. You can buy chocolates and flowers and things for your dates on the RMAH.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
i think the last slot is reserved so that people who missed a chance to get a sigil for any of the other classes before will have a chance to do so during that week.
Reply Quote
24 Draenei Shaman
04/16/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Vger
Not a sixth class per se, but yes in the full version Diablo is a playable character. When playing as Diablo the game is more like a Japanese-style dating sim. It's pretty fun. I think people are really going to enjoy it. You can buy chocolates and flowers and things for your dates on the RMAH.

Best post I've ever seen.

To all saying the class would be "untested": Public beta is only 13 levels with a mere handful of spells and runes. We are here more for stress testing than for testing out all the bugs and balance. Balance, of all things, is going to be drastically different between level 13 and level 60.
Reply Quote
After playing the crap outa median, im hoping blizzard devs played it too and they are adding uber challenges like in median. A new class would be ok but it would have to be a very generic class cause keeping class specific gear and related functions out of the beta would be hard. And testing the class separately along the beta updates would take more time than the surprise is worth. Im hoping Ubers but expecting wallpapers.
Reply Quote
I hope the big reveal is animating the monks attacks instead of sheathing all weapons.

Sure would like to use that legendary I may get in the future instead of the same fists as level 1
Reply Quote
Community Manager
There will be five heroes in the game for you to play, come May 15. Those will be the five hero classes that you've seen, and played, and that we've been developing for years. There will not be a sixth, secret class sprung on you in the next month.

I promise.
Reply Quote
If I had to guess, I would say that it could be the missing content from the game guide site. Like the act information and unique/set armor/weapon information.
Reply Quote
There will be five heroes in the game for you to play, come May 15. Those will be the five hero classes that you've seen, and played, and that we've been developing for years. There will not be a sixth, secret class sprung on you in the next month.

I promise.

*dances*
Yay! Thank you. <3
Reply Quote

I promise.

So...you're saying there's a chance!

LOL
Reply Quote
Seems reckless to throw in an entirely new class without beta testing it. Maybe if they tested it internally for the past several months but that seems reeaaaally unlikely.

My guess would be info on bosses, pvp or gameworld. Who knows.

I'd love to see another class thrown in the mix but seriously doubt its gonna happen at this point.
Reply Quote

I promise.

or will there... *doh duh DUUUUUUUHHHH*
Reply Quote

I promise.

Thank you for clearing that up, 'cause it always sounded like a bunch of BS to me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]