Diablo® III

A New Class Before Launch?

"gem activated"
Reply Quote
One of the expansions from what i heard will be about the paladin race. Blizzard said they would bring the necro back on one the of expansions. My best guess would be on the expansion they would bring the necro back and a templar replacing the paladin.
Reply Quote
Technically, if the Archivist became playable, he wouldn't be a sixth "secret" class, since he was "revealed" a long time ago. That's really the only loop hole in Kaivax's statement.

I am intrigued by that mysterious empty spot, but I think it's almost certain that there will be no sixth class.

However, a playable Archivist would really give those looking for a challenge a fun time... imagine playing hardcore mode on inferno when one of your attacks is a suicide move...
Reply Quote
I think it might just be the "last chance" to get the missing sigils from the gathering of heroes promotion? They did mention this before..
Edited by Ackes on 4/16/2012 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Well, whatever it is we'll probably know at 5/08, since there's a gap between the 5th locked one and the game release, I'm assuming by then we'll know...
Reply Quote
From the FAQ: Throughout the promotion, each class section of the website will progressively unlock every week and stay unlocked. In-game class sigils, on the other hand, have limited availability and do not stay unlocked. The week that a class unlocks, only that class’s sigil will become available via Mark of Valor, until the next class section unlocks and its respective sigil takes its place. If you missed a week, don't worry, there will be another chance to earn your favorite class sigil later in the promotion, but please note that sigils are only available for a limited time. May 18 will be the last day that you can earn an in-game sigil.

Also, when you look at the class specific pages, there are still only 5 "circles" for the classes: http://reveal.diablo3.com/en_US/class_gathering/demon_hunter
Reply Quote
oh blizz how you love to drive us bonkers. Although it is quite interesting guess we will have to wait to find out. If it was a new class that would be very very exciting although quite doubtful
Reply Quote
There will be five heroes in the game for you to play, come May 15. Those will be the five hero classes that you've seen, and played, and that we've been developing for years. There will not be a sixth, secret class sprung on you in the next month.

I promise.

Five hero classes. Maybe a sixth, not-so-heroic class will be revealed? Or a new follower? Or a new craftsman/woman?
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Hunter
04/15/2012 07:34 PMPosted by D3BETA
Not plausible for a 6th, you think that could be kept a secret and not noticed in the data dumpster diving already done?

I haven't read all the comments here, but I don't think it's plausable because that character wouldn't be beta tested. Sure a surprise like that would be awsome but not worth the cost of being untested and refined.

Edit: LOL, well I just got to this, so it's confirmed:

"There will be five heroes in the game for you to play, come May 15. Those will be the five hero classes that you've seen, and played, and that we've been developing for years. There will not be a sixth, secret class sprung on you in the next month.

I promise."

Kinda scary how you guys could talk yourself into believing something you wanted to believe even though it defied common sense.
Edited by Nymuie on 4/16/2012 4:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree with everyone that thinks its just a spot to earn any sigils that were missed. It seems very logical that the time from 5/1 - 5/15 we will have time to catch up.
Reply Quote
Maybe they just miscounted.
Reply Quote
20 Worgen Hunter
There will be five heroes in the game for you to play, come May 15. Those will be the five hero classes that you've seen, and played, and that we've been developing for years. There will not be a sixth, secret class sprung on you in the next month.

I promise.

But you didn't say there wont be one the month after that. :D
Reply Quote
04/16/2012 04:37 PMPosted by oGyNc
I agree with everyone that thinks its just a spot to earn any sigils that were missed. It seems very logical that the time from 5/1 - 5/15 we will have time to catch up.

I would very much like this opportunity! Sadly, I missed the Demon Hunter Sigil (I just found the website two days ago), and it's so pretty and sparkly and I WANT. D:
Reply Quote
I'm telling you

PIMP CLASS comng to D3 on May 15

Taunt tree skill
Slap tree skill
Cane Buff tree skill

and the usual +50% to gold fin inherent to the class
Reply Quote
Not sure if a new class would be THAT great, as everyone will be trying it out of excitement of exclusive content, ending up in a one played class release... Doesn't sound too too fun from here..
Reply Quote
http://eu.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/archivist.xml
Reply Quote

I promise.

how bout in the expansion!? "hint hint wink wink nudge nudge"
Reply Quote
Official 6th class:

Forum Troll; Primary resource; The responses/rage of others.

Skills include:

Spam Posting (AOE 99999 range, + 60% critical flame damage, cost: 15 Res)
Logic Evasion (Automatically dodges all damage, generates +15 Res.)
Inconsistent QQ (Spouts random gouts of pure QQ, damaging itself and all others, Cost 1 Res)
Reverse Hypocrisy (confuses fact with fiction so well, it becomes actual fact, generates +30 Res)
Social inversion (Fills other players Chat window with spam about random topics, cost -1 Res)

29 days to unlock rest of class!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]