Diablo® III

Inspiring Presence OP?

The general thought was that IP was nerfed in patch 15, but after looking at the wording again, I think there's a chance the regeneration buff stacks - aka spam Battle Rage for crazy regeneration?
"After using a shout you regenerate 1% of your maximum Life per second for 60 seconds."
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Nop. It'll either be a flat 1% of regen for each shout you're using or 1% regardless of how many shouts.
Reply Quote
You're basing it on some blue post or just your thoughts?
Anyhow, I thinks it'll be a crazy defensive passive, but since spamming Battle Rage will reduce damage significally, I think it can balance out.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
04/13/2012 10:12 AMPosted by D3BETA
You're basing it on some blue post or just your thoughts?

More of a common sense actually. It wouldn't be reasonable to let it stack indefinitely.
Reply Quote
It wouldn't be reasonable to let it stack indefinitely.

Maybe each application of 1% regeneration will have it's own buff and last only 60 seconds without refreshing being a problam.. ofc I'm hypothesising, the chance it's this way is low.
Reply Quote
i highly doubht it stacks "per spam", but the real question is if it stacks per shout. Most my builds have 2 shouts, so if the buff stacked to 2% per shout it would make OP great and would lead others to use all 3 shouts in a build for 3% per second.

Would love to see a blue's confirmation one way or another.

I had asked this question on diablofans and nobody has confirmed one way or another either.
Reply Quote
"After using a shout"
Based on the text, it does suggest that they not only stack for each shout, but they stack for spamming shouts.

This could be unintended and not how the game is programmed, but based off the tooltip alone the OP is correct in his assumption. Conversely, I still believe that if you use the same shout more than once, it will merely reset the 1% regen buff.

Above everything I would like to point out that if this is true, it would bring great complications when presented with the combination of Inspiring Presence, Relentless, and Battle Rage. Once below 20% hp you would be able to spam Battle Rage as fast as possible, thus stacking the living !@#$ out of your regen bonus from Inspiring Presence.
Edited by D3BETA on 4/15/2012 2:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Its pretty safe to say that the passive will give you what it says, 1% health regen buff for 60 seconds. If you shout again, it will simply reset this timer. So you will have an indefinite health regen of 1% bonus.

It will not stack, that would be broken... common sense really. There are many other skills with effects that have an over time tag stuck to them. They do not stack... they just refresh the timer.
Reply Quote
Once below 20% hp you would be able to spam Battle Rage as fast as possible, thus stacking the living !@#$ out of your regen bonus from Inspiring Presence.

Any player that has two arms or doesn't have downs would never die.
Reply Quote
I doubt it it will most def be reset back to 60 timer and continue to tick down. I think blizzard already thought this kind of simple error through. Besides if its not 5% per second it aint that much. In inferno it can prob take 1/3 of your life in a second. And ya common sense oh ya lets just stack this and be unkillable...good logic
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]