Diablo® III

Ramblings and Theorycrafting

85 Troll Shaman
. . . And, at the End of Days, Wisdom shall be lost
as Justice falls upon the world of men.
Valor shall turn to Wrath -
and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair.
Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all -
as fate lies shattered forever.

As I write this, I cannot help but be reminded of the prophecy that "Wisdom shall be lost." I find it hard not to view Malthael's sudden departure as yet another sign of the End of Days. - Deckard Cain

Perhaps Malthael hates the idea of humanity regaining the power of the nephalem, so much so that when Tyreal destroys the worldstone that restrained the power of mankind he finally snaps (or perhaps had snapped long ago). He disappears and effectively becomes a fallen angel (thus is 'lost').

At this time, Tyreal is judged for his 'crime' and is banished, finally falling to Sanctuary, more specifically Tristam.

Imperius decides that with the worldstone destroyed, Sanctuary must go before their power reawakens.

Auriel is disturbed by this, and seeks Malthael to convince Imperius not to destroy Sanctuary, however in finding him she learns he's also lost it, in a way far worst than Imperius.

Malthael weakens her and helps Diablo (Terror causes Hope to fall to Despair) possess/fuse with her. This comes from the fact that Diablo seems to glow with inner power, and the shoulders closely resemble Auriel's own. The weird spike things coming out of Diablo's back could be the demonic version of the angelic wings.

Malthael suddenly shows up to Imperius and tells him that Diablo has claimed Auriel, which causes Imperius to just lose it completely and orders a full blown invasion of Santuary by the Heavenly Host.

This leaves only one option left for Sanctuary, either throw off the shackles of fate (no more being the pawns of Heaven/Hell) or get obliterated by heaven/hell/both. I'll be choosing option 1, thank you very much.

In the cinematic with Azmodan, it is possible he's referencing Malthael, as Malthael is probably the only being with the knowledge to create a soulstone capable of being implanted into an angel, Azmodan doesn't want Diablo back in any form, Malthael wants him back for the purposes of driving Imperius nuts.

And thus you have my two cents...for what its worth.
Edited by Zakuven on 4/16/2012 5:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I like what you're thinking.

I'm all in for the idea that after the destruction of the Worldstone and the "destruction" of Tyrael, that he was banished to Sanctuary by the Angris Council and is the falling star.

I'm also in agreement that then the Angris Council would probably vote in favor of the destruction humanity and will be lead by Imperius to do so.

I've never thought of the possibility that Auriel is the new host of Diablo, but I like it. However, I don't see Malthael's motivation in that scenario. Perhaps there is another way.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/16/2012 05:56 AMPosted by Zakuven
In the cinematic with Azmodan, it is possible he's referencing Malthael, as Malthael is probably the only being with the knowledge to create a soulstone capable of being implanted into an angel
The Black Soulstone was created by Zoltun Kulle, a nephelem. pg 94 of the Book of Cain.
Reply Quote
. . And, at the End of Days, Wisdom shall be lost
as Justice falls upon the world of men.

according to cain wisdom was lost when the worldstone was destroyed meaning that justice must fall upon man at the same time.
Wisdom shall be lost
as Justice falls

does this somehow prove that tyreal is not the meteor as justice must fall when the worldstone is destroyed? that is if the end days prophecy does come true
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
WistyNZ, thats a damned nice catch.

Perhaps Wisdom was only lost 20 years after though.... When Justice fell.
Reply Quote
04/17/2012 05:53 AMPosted by Rainarya
WistyNZ, thats a damned nice catch.

thanks.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4253895577

another theory of sorts i had
Reply Quote
So lets break this down

"Wisdom shall be lost" - Malthael will probably either go insane or becomes trapped in the black soulstone
"Justice falls upon the world of man" - Tyrael literally crashes into sanctuary
"Valor shall turn to wrath" - Imperius gets pissed
"Hope is swallowed by despair" - Imperius kills Auriel?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]