Diablo® III

Zombie Dogs

85 Gnome Warlock
I must admit, I am not particularly far in the beta (I'm just about to confront the skeleton king). But I am noting that the zombie Dogs are pretty weak. They remind me of the druids ravens from D2, but you can summon 3 with one spell. Did anyone else find it odd that they were so weak or am I just blowing smoke? Perhaps they did this to balance the class so as not to make him OP?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
They did this intentionally to make him play differently than the necro, they are for distracting the enemies, and a huge nuke in the form of sacrifice.

I personally didnt use them in beta, and none of my planned builds include them.
Edited by Dusternis on 4/16/2012 10:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
All of the summons of the doc' are underpowered. The only summon that has some acceptable damage is the gargantuan with that berserker rune. The dogs do 9%, fetishes do 20%, but you only get them every 2 mins. Gargantuan only does 25% when hes not beasting out. However sacrifice is like the CE of necros. Nice aoe damage, plus ability to spawn a new dog. Or the ability to gain mana, or life, or slow. Plus you could just go a melee wizard way, get a nice sword, or 2h weapon. I like tlhe idea of one of the legendary crossbows as a final weapon. The Manticore does 704-942 dps. That is nice damage plus it also keeps you at a range picking off enemies. I think a summon/ sacrifice build is viable. It might take much better equipment but I think it would be fun.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Hmm, thanks for the input. Much appreciated!
I never tried the flame bats either.
Also, didn't realize how short the beta was, apparently I was almost done it when I posted this.
XD
Reply Quote
Problem is, that CE could be used almost infinitely so long as there were bodies. You can use sacrifice once every cooldown, or if you get lucky and RNG a dog. The cooldown needs to go, or be significantly reduced, and up the mana costs, or up the chance for a sacrifice to be what it was previously at 75%

All in all, the witch doctor is a poor substitute for a necro, and I can't wait for future DLC so I can have my necro back and not this gimped Druid hybrid.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Maybe I just have bad luck, but anyone else regularly get trapped in a corner by their dogs? Sometimes I had to re-summon 2 or 3 times before I could get through. I'm guessing it was just a string of bad luck, but figured it was worth mentioning.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
When I was journeying with the Templar Warrior, my dogs trapped him in a tunnel. If you keep running ahead though, they teleport to you anyways. Problem solved! :)
Reply Quote
51 Troll Rogue
Is not weak when you use exactly the runes and has a nice weapon (dagger)! After I upgraded my weapon and used the rune for upgrade the zombie dog, the dogs start to work pretty well in the king (Boss) without any trouble! Imagine try to use them with heals of the Templar thats helps a lot and, the burning rune where add plus damage in high lvl. These dogs do great damage according to your weapon, since if the same is the dagger one and also, helps you a lot for you cover the boss with bats spells and others spells learned of 1 to 4 numbers in your keyboard hehe
Edited by Nightrex on 4/16/2012 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
51 Troll Rogue
04/16/2012 12:51 PMPosted by D3BETA
Is not weak when you use runes and has a nice weapon dagger! After I upgraded my weapon and added the rune, the dogs works pretty nice in the king without any trouble! Imagine try to use them with heals of the Templar thats helps a lotand the burning rune where add plus damage. These dogs do damage of your weapon since if the same is the dagger one and help you a lot for you cover the boss with bats, and unmouse spells 1 to 4 hehe

Could someone translate this to English?

What do you mean? Is better you apologize what you said and respect more persons from other countries. I already reported you just about your intention! I have a lot of friends in USA, Canada and New Zealand and not worth your poor comments here. As you know, we are clients from Blizzard, and in my case for long period and Blizzard respect too much your clients, mainly for the fact that them has interest to expand market as did here to my country in specific!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
A lot of threads on this, ugh. NO they are not underpowered wd's pets aren't made for damage, even though later on they may be decent. But for right now there just used to ( distract ) your enemy's. Off topic - who made the foreigner mad •_• lol
Reply Quote
51 Troll Rogue
04/17/2012 04:51 AMPosted by Malfuriön
A lot of threads on this, ugh. NO they are not underpowered wd's pets aren't made for damage, even though later on they may be decent. But for right now there just used to ( distract ) your enemy's. Off topic - who made the foreigner mad •_• lol

Sry about this, but some guys that has the english as main language sometimes think that are better than others..........
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
04/16/2012 12:24 PMPosted by D3BETA
You can use sacrifice once every cooldown, or if you get lucky and RNG a dog.

There are so many ways to get dogs, 5% chance on death with circle of life which is what i asume you were talking about, but if you throw a mass confusion down with the devolution rune each enemy death has a 50% chance to spawn a new dog.
You add the next of kin rune to sacrifice and each dog has a 35% chance of resurrecting.

Even with circle of life excluded you could easily chain cast sacrifice, especially on large groups.
Edited by Dusternis on 4/17/2012 7:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
04/17/2012 05:05 AMPosted by Nightrex
Sry about this, but some guys that has the english as main language sometimes think that are better than others..........

Some people in general think they are better than others. Just don't feed the trolls and stoop down to their level. They eventually go away when they don't get attention.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
04/17/2012 05:05 AMPosted by Nightrex

We don't think were better than you because we speak english, we simply think you don't speak English well enough for an English forum.
While this post is full of errors it's easily understandable, with your other posts i had to stop to try to figure out what you meant.

Not only is your grammar awful, your punctuation is non existent which makes even well written posts hard to read.
I bet if you work on it a bit a come back you'll find it isn't racism or prejudice, but annoyance and confusion.
Edited by Dusternis on 4/17/2012 7:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/17/2012 07:54 AMPosted by Dusternis

We don't think were better than you because we speak english, we simply think you don't speak English well enough for an English forum.
While this post is full of errors it's easily understandable, with your other posts i had to stop to try to figure out what you meant.

Not only is your grammar awful, your punctuation is non existent which makes even well written posts hard to read.
I bet if you work on it a bit a come back you'll find it isn't racism or prejudice, but annoyance and confusion.

I see, but I try my best here to communicate with all persons and beside this, is true that is hard to someone that speak english as main language understand me as well and this is clear that is the point for be sure but lets to think a little bit, If I not try how better will be possible to meet the best understanding here? Sometimes I reporting someone that try something about this question as what happening in game when I play WOW that has a lot of players that ignore or ban you from dungeons when them know that english is not your language
Reply Quote
04/17/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Lottadeath

Some people in general think they are better than others. Just don't feed the trolls and stoop down to their level. They eventually go away when they don't get attention.

Thank you dude :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
04/16/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Harima
Maybe I just have bad luck, but anyone else regularly get trapped in a corner by their dogs? Sometimes I had to re-summon 2 or 3 times before I could get through. I'm guessing it was just a string of bad luck, but figured it was worth mentioning.

As far as Ive noticed you dont collide with your pets
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
see, but I try my best here to communicate with all persons and beside this, is true that is hard to someone that speak english as main language understand me as well and this is clear that is the point for be sure but lets to think a little bit, If I not try how better will be possible to meet the best understanding here? Sometimes I reporting someone that try something about this question as what happening in game when I play WOW that has a lot of players that ignore or ban you from dungeons when them know that english is not your language

Wow dude im really trying here but that was hard to get through, your using whats known as run on sentences. A sentence should be one thought, a paragraph a group of related thoughts. If you have a new point to make, use a new paragraph.

If you would like to improve without annoyance or ridicule, read some books written in english.

A teacher in elementary once told me if your sentence cant be said in one breath its too long.
Also beware of the use of "and"s and "as well"s they tend to lead to walls of text.
Edited by Dusternis on 4/17/2012 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
51 Troll Rogue
04/17/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Dusternis
see, but I try my best here to communicate with all persons and beside this, is true that is hard to someone that speak english as main language understand me as well and this is clear that is the point for be sure but lets to think a little bit, If I not try how better will be possible to meet the best understanding here? Sometimes I reporting someone that try something about this question as what happening in game when I play WOW that has a lot of players that ignore or ban you from dungeons when them know that english is not your language

Wow dude im really trying here but that was hard to get through, your using whats known as run on sentences. A sentence should be one thought, a paragraph a group of related thoughts. If you have a new point to make, use a new paragraph.

If you would like to improve without annoyance or ridicule, read some books written in english.

A teacher in elementary once told me if your sentence cant be said in one breath its too long.
Also beware of the use of "and"s and "as well"s they tend to lead to walls of text.

OK
The unique trouble here where I live is
The english courses is not so cool and a lot of teacher is from here
Now imagine the such instructions
No comments..
Hey Thank you for your Tips
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]