Diablo® III

Ability Pathing Problems

Two of our abilities seem to have some usefulness limitations due to pathing.

1) The dire bat, while I probably understand WHY it weaves in and out, it makes it a problem for aiming and actually doing some good with it.
2) I can't do a thing with frogs. They are completely uncontrollable, and seem to only do any good if I'm right up against something.

Can anyone offer any suggestions, or are these just two abilities to avoid?
Reply Quote
Risk vs reward, Dire Bats does huge damage and pierces, Frogs do amazing aoe damage as well.

If you don't like random, pick diffrent skills
Reply Quote
So, no suggestions as to how to get them to hit better?

Nothing constructive at all?
Reply Quote
Their random..? It will sometimes miss, but your going to be spamming anyways
Reply Quote
I never had aiming problems with dire bat, it always seemed easy to me to aim.

Plague of Toads I agree, but like Vaaz said it's spammable.

So looking at PoT vs like Poison Dart, PoT will be better against a large number of enemies, while Poison Dart will shine when there are fewer mobs.

I prefer PoT and think it's a lot better than most people give it credit for.
Reply Quote
for the frogs, i like to think of them as a up close to medium range, and not something you use just once but a few times... you can wipe out guys rather quickly with it if you understand its best ranges

the dire bats sometimes miss but... for the most part its accurate enough. its also very strong, with soul harvest i one shot entire groups with it
Reply Quote
for the frogs, i like to think of them as a up close to medium range, and not something you use just once but a few times... you can wipe out guys rather quickly with it if you understand its best ranges

the dire bats sometimes miss but... for the most part its accurate enough. its also very strong, with soul harvest i one shot entire groups with it

How were you able to get an entire group? Was it because they were in a line?
Reply Quote

sort of, the dire bats width is rather large, aiming for the center of packs will hit most or all of them
Reply Quote

sort of, the dire bats width is rather large, aiming for the center of packs will hit most or all of them

Ah. Now if only we could make it not weave and go straight.

One last question, is haunt able to pick a target or does it just hit the first one it comes to? I feel like I'm having hit box issues.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]