Diablo® III

CC immune mobs

I will main WD but i have concerns whether it will be viable in inferno because i suppose we get alot of CC immune mobs.
Reply Quote
Skeleton king in normal diffulty can't be horrified.
Reply Quote
That is a concern of mine. I know that bosses are probably all going to be 100% immune to 99% of CC effects, and that it's likely that many champions/elites will be resistant as well, and that is fine. What I'm wondering that is that come Inferno, if we will be seeing lots of regular trash mobs resisting Horrify, Grasp, Hex, Mass Confuse etc. That will kill most of this classes appeal to me.
Reply Quote
how come a barbarian and monk can CC leoric in normal mode(stun and blind), whereas horrify leoric is immune. :(
Reply Quote
I think everything except Bosses will be able to be hexed, confused, feared
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
That just means you can't rely on one type of CC, if something is immune to horrify it likely wont also be immune to a snare, and vice versa.
Edited by Dusternis on 4/16/2012 10:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Are you guys aware that CC means Crowd control? That is, anything that helps to control a crowd is CC. You're acting like fear is the only means of this. Fearing + Hexing bosses would break the game, because it would make them far too easy. Obviously converting them via confusion is out of the question as well. But what's something the WD has other than these things? Pets! Pets are CC, they draw attention away from yourself so you can cast spells from a distance without worry. Like Vaaz said, it's only bosses immune to these few specific effects as well, everything else is fair game (as far as we know). As for the WD 'not being viable', why would they make it so a whole class isn't 'viable'? I suppose Wiz isn't viable either then, because she doesn't have blind or stun effects in her arsenal.

The concept of a 'CC immune mob' just demonstrates a lack of knowledge as to what CC is.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
04/17/2012 05:45 AMPosted by Evilrake
Pets! Pets are CC

CC that lasts one hit against the sk lol.....

I agree with your main point but pets arent the answer, snares like grasp of the dead and stuns work.

To say letting fears work would be gamebreaking is a little silly, bosses would likely have a higher resistance to the effect, and when it does tick a diminished duration.

They want us to pick a build and stick to it, they wont punish us by making entire skill types useless in certain situations.
Reply Quote
Are you guys aware that CC means Crowd control? That is, anything that helps to control a crowd is CC. You're acting like fear is the only means of this. Fearing + Hexing bosses would break the game, because it would make them far too easy. Obviously converting them via confusion is out of the question as well. But what's something the WD has other than these things? Pets! Pets are CC, they draw attention away from yourself so you can cast spells from a distance without worry. Like Vaaz said, it's only bosses immune to these few specific effects as well, everything else is fair game (as far as we know). As for the WD 'not being viable', why would they make it so a whole class isn't 'viable'? I suppose Wiz isn't viable either then, because she doesn't have blind or stun effects in her arsenal.

The concept of a 'CC immune mob' just demonstrates a lack of knowledge as to what CC is.

I'm sorry, but no. I'm not normally one to quibble over semantics and hair splitting, but how you define crowd control is too broad, yet you say others don't know what CC is? I've been using the term crowd control for over a decade, I played an Enchanter (THE CC class) in Everquest for over three years and the term arguably originated in that game. The term crowd control refers to abilities that take enemies out of the picture to lessen the amount of mobs you have to fight, period. I know in WoW it became common for people to refer to anything that debilitated a target as "CC", but that was also incorrect usage. Polymorph and Sap were CC, Kidney Shot was not CC yet people called it CC.

If CC was defined how you're attempting to define it would be a worthless term; because in that case tanking wouldn't be tanking it would be crowd control, and vice versa. Zombie dogs tanking mobs for a few seconds (which is likely all they'll be able to do it for in later difficulties) wouldn't be crowd control, it would be pet tanking. And in any case you're inferring way too much from the meager commentary in this post. I think everyone here knows it would be acceptable for bosses and even champions/elites/rares w/e to be highly resistant or immune to things like Horrify/Hex/Grasp/Confuse etc. The concern is that on Inferno we'll routinely run into packs of regular enemies that either flat out are immune to them, or exceedingly reduce the duration of these abilities to the point where there is no point in using them.

Anyhow, I know this post is really pedantic and sort of an overreaction, but coming off all authoritative and telling people they're ignorant, and then not even using the term completely correctly yourself, or modifying it's definition to suit your argument is a little irritating to me.
Edited by D3BETA on 4/17/2012 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]