Diablo® III

Perfection All Under LVL 30 req!

Assuming I finish Normal difficulty by level 30. Everything I selected is under a lvl 30 slvl req. This is the build I will have. It will change in the later difficulties.

This build does FIRE, POISON, PHYSICAL, and ARCANE damage so I know I wont have a problem coming across a little guy with some resists to one or two of them. It has good burst damage and AoE.

I get life from Haunt. I get mana from and o so much more from Soul Harvest as well as Spiritual Attunement. Jungle Fortitude as well as Zombie Handler gives my pets and I added survivability.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WeYVdT!Zbd!aaaZaa

[Edit] Haha I forgot to put the build in here!

Solid build for normal diff IMO.
Edited by Skaltum#1744 on 4/17/2012 9:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You're over thinking resistances. Considering that most likely elites will have the # of affixes corresponding to the difficulty (1-4 based on normal = 1 and inferno = 4). Meaning that NM would be the earliest you'd have to worry about 2 "immunities." But also remember they've said specific affixes will only be seen in specific difficulties so resistance affixes could only be rollable in the last 1 or 2 anyways.
Reply Quote
Yeah I agree about resistances. My main thought about builds when making this one was:

people are making builds with high slvl requirements (in the 40's and 50's). So, what are you going to use UP TO THAT point? I wanted to design a build I know I will use while Im working toward that initial goal of hitting lvl 60.
Reply Quote
There's a nightmare build thread:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4427538447

One thing this build lacks is a high-damage aoe attack you can use reasonably often. You have Toads - which does ok but not high aoe damage - and Sacrifice which effectively has a long cooldown because you have to get rid of your dogs.

This build is also lacking a good single-target attack that you can cast repeatedly.

Spiritual Attunement may not be needed with this build because you don't have an expensive secondary spell you can cast regularly to use up your mana.
Reply Quote
resist on monsters hasnt been a problem until later difficulties, just so you know... not to say it doesnt matter but all the types of elements are only a real plus once we get into the higher difficulties (not that doing so is a problem)
Edited by Honor#1370 on 4/17/2012 11:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]