Diablo® III

Forum issues with iPad Safari

iPad is my web browser of choice. Simple. Convenient. Fast. But your forum coding has some obnoxious issues that would not be that hard to resolve.

1) no way to close thread preview box (or skill tips on official site). I click a thread once and tip comes up (for a desktop browser, it is triggered by mouse hover), blocking page text. Can't get rid of it except by clicking again to follow link or reloading entire page. If I use browser Back after reading thread, popover preview is still there and in the way. Touch interface lacks hover. Either prevent these entirely for mobile browsers, or add a little x to them so we can close them manually. Or close them when I click somewhere outside them.

Note that the click to activate hover triggered functionality for liking, quoting, and replying to posts works nicely, though.

2) text isn't selectable in posts. You had to have specifically and intentionally turned this off. But then you don't anchor links to external sites, and that prevents me from following them unless I manually type them. Please let me copy them from the post so I can paste into my address input.

3) not an issue per se, but tacky. Make a site icon so that when I add a bookmark to my home screen, it looks pretty instead of just a snapshot of menu items and text.
Edited by redscull#1755 on 4/17/2012 6:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]