Diablo® III

Your Diablo 3 Mouse?

Well, my faithful Logitec has finally died and so I'm looking to splurge and get something a little fancier.

I've used Razer before and liked them, and heard bad things about Steel.

This caught my eye too http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat9.htm.

Does anyone have one? Would you recommend it?

What are you going to be using to play Diablo 3?
Reply Quote
I will be using a Microsoft Mobile Gaming Mouse. It's outstanding for clicking and moving. About it though.
Reply Quote
Do NOT get the RAT 9. The RAT 7 and MMO 7 are OK from Cyborg but the 9 has some pretty bad flaws (they may be fixed now, but the last I heard, they were still teh sux). The Price on the RAT 9 is also atrocious for what you get.

I'm still using my 6 year old Razer Diamondback which I'll probably upgrade to a Logitech G9X in the near future.
Edited by Riotmaker#1531 on 4/17/2012 9:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hoooooly that RAT 9 looks amazing! I wish I hadn't just invested in a Naga. Very expensive though.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Razer Naga for me. Depends whther you want comfort or speed though. The Death Adder's way easier on your hand.

You can do no wrong with a Rat9 either. They work pretty well for a general purpose mouse. In fact, if you play any shooters (and Skyrim) i'd highly recommend a Rat9. Works great if you're particular about the shape of your mouse also.
Reply Quote
I got an Alienware TactX, it's an outstanding mouse. I have a Razer Death Adder too, but I like the Alienware much more.
Reply Quote
Rat 9 sensor is CRAP. If you really want a R.A.T, get the rat7.

Personally, I recommend logitech g9x or 518

Razer is meh, some like em, others notice the build quality just isn't as good as others in the same price range... and your grip. Naga is a WOW/MMO mouse, so unless u mmo, stay away from it and go with a deathadder or diamondback
Reply Quote
Rat 9 sensor is CRAP. If you really want a R.A.T, get the rat7.

Personally, I recommend logitech g9x or 518

Razer is meh, some like em, others notice the build quality just isn't as good as others in the same price range... and your grip. Naga is a WOW/MMO mouse, so unless u mmo, stay away from it and go with a deathadder or diamondback

Do NOT get the RAT 9. The RAT 7 and MMO 7 are OK from Cyborg but the 9 has some pretty bad flaws (they may be fixed now, but the last I heard, they were still teh sux). The Price on the RAT 9 is also atrocious for what you get.

I'm still using my 6 year old Razer Diamondback which I'll probably upgrade to a Logitech G9X in the near future.

I had the G9X before it took a...bath.

Could you be more specific regarding the sensor? Looking for some info and aside from a few dud mice (which happens on every component) the sensor in the 9 seems to be the same as the 7. The major difference being Wireless, which is an absolute must for me.
Reply Quote
Razor DeathAdder over here.
Reply Quote
Using the Steel Series D3 mouse right now.

Its really nice, I like it.

Razer is a good bet too, I like this mouse over my previous Logitech G9X.
Edited by AudioCG#1473 on 4/17/2012 9:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Generic Microsoft mouse.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Logitech G500.

Best? I don't know. But I like it. Solid and seems accurate.
Reply Quote

Could you be more specific regarding the sensor? Looking for some info and aside from a few dud mice (which happens on every component) the sensor in the 9 seems to be the same as the 7. The major difference being Wireless, which is an absolute must for me.

Hrms, you're right, same sensor on both.

twin eye sensor on the RAT 9 is notorious for skipping when you pick the mouse up, horrible Z-axis tracking (unless they fixed this), makes it absolutely horrendous for FPS/RTS games that require quick mouse pickups (d3 likely to be more fogivable though, I don't find myself having to pick the mouse up much). For 100$+ range mice, this is inexcusable though, imo (paid half that for my g9x)
Edited by Bacon#1205 on 4/17/2012 9:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
razer DA and abysus here
Reply Quote

Wireless, the Logitech G700 isn't bad.

Yes, the 7 and 9 are effectively the same except you are overpaying for it being wireless.

The sensors are pretty poor in both which use the Phillips Twin Eye sensor. This sensor can cause poor accuracy when lifting the mouse off the pad, wheres better companies (IMO), such as Logitech don't give you this issue and generally cost less.

Really, you should go with what fits you best personally.

Out of the 500 or so RAT 9 reviews, almost half are 3 stars or lower (Amazon). This should be an indicator that it's not worth the price they are asking.
Reply Quote
Logitech G9x. My last one started doubling clicking after 3 years with 12-15 hours of use daily use, which is far longer than other mice i've had.

Razer products generally break in the first year for everyone I know. I can't recommend them, they have great marketing but terrible quality control. Logitech are the only mice that actually last over a year for me. Lots of clicking games breaks all the others very very fast in my experience.
Edited by Tyrindor#1119 on 4/17/2012 9:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Under no circumstances should you buy a RAT.

Pros:
Cool Look.
"Pinky" ledge.
Highly Customizable.
Easy DPI changes.

Cons:
Tech Support is Horrible.
Breaks Easy.
Button Profiles not Compatible with all Games.
Can't change all mouse buttons from default. (Left-Click, Right-Click, mouse wheel).
Tracking Problems, shaky and inconsistent tracking.
Thumb scroll doesn't always work.
No side scrolling on mouse wheel.
Not enough buttons.

I had this mouse for almost one year, since basically the day it came out. I loved this mouse at first but after the repeated issues with the "cons" listed above, I simply could not take it anymore. I was tired of "fighting" when I use my mouse and I went out an purchased a Logitech G700. I should have never moved away from Logitech in the first place and this was the first and last time I'll ever buy a Cyborg product. To add, if you ever need to RMA this mouse, be prepared to go mouse-less for two weeks because Cyborg won't send you a replacement ahead of time (even if you offer to provide a credit card number to "hold"). They make you ship in your mouse and they either fix or replace and send back in two weeks. Sure you can replace with a standard mouse for two weeks, but that defeats the purpose for having a RAT in the first place!

Never again Cyborg!

My Logitech G700.... I can't say enough good things about it.
Edited by Zebulun#1417 on 4/17/2012 9:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hmm. Thing is that I really don't want to go back to wired mice. What do you mean 'lifting the mouse off the pad' ? Why would this accuracy be important?
Reply Quote
Razer Lachesis is doing pretty well for me so far. Been playing MMOs and FPSs with it for years. Anyone have the Diablo III mouse? The logo looks gorgeous ;)
Reply Quote
04/17/2012 09:46 PMPosted by Starbird
Hmm. Thing is that I really don't want to go back to wired mice. What do you mean 'lifting the mouse off the pad' ? Why would this accuracy be important?

When you reset the mouse. As in, you hit the edge of the mouse pad and need to move back to center. Google research the Phillips Twin Eye Sensor and you will get some results explaining in further detail.

As for wireless, the Logitech G700 IS marketed as a wireless gaming mouse and a much better buy IMO.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]