Diablo® III

Your Diablo 3 Mouse?

04/17/2012 09:46 PMPosted by Starbird
Hmm. Thing is that I really don't want to go back to wired mice. What do you mean 'lifting the mouse off the pad' ? Why would this accuracy be important?

Games where you are constantly moving the mouse and run out of room, and lift the mouse it causes your mouse tracking to skip in odd directions.
FPS games are notorious for it, also find myself doing it a lot in SC2 (even when I have dpi way up)

edit:

Video of Z-axis skipping by a razor mouse :|
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZhFKOq8CM8

Also for example, I can actually hold my logitech off the mousepad and it will track properly. Not that it is practical, but shows the accuracy of the sensor. When you buy the most expensive mouse out there, you expect the best
Edited by Bacon#1205 on 4/17/2012 9:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/17/2012 09:50 PMPosted by Bacon
Hmm. Thing is that I really don't want to go back to wired mice. What do you mean 'lifting the mouse off the pad' ? Why would this accuracy be important?

Games where you are constantly moving the mouse and run out of room, and lift the mouse it causes your mouse tracking to skip in odd directions.
FPS games are notorious for it, also find myself doing it a lot in SC2 (even when I have dpi way up)

edit:

Video of Z-axis skipping by a razor mouse :|

Ah, I see. Odd, even playing SC2 tons I don't think I've ever had to 'lift' my mouse (but I play with a crazy high dps).

I don't do shooters anymore. My elderly reflexes fail me and the community usually makes me want to reach through the internet and slap people.
Reply Quote
Ignore the haters Starbird.

Twin eye sensor is extremely good unless you do a lot of lifting, which if you play on high sensititivy and don't have ogre hands you won't do.

I play Team Fortress 2 pretty damn well and tons of other games and I adore this mouse. It feels weighty and super responsive and I notice a lot less wireless lag.

Also you say you had a G9x. But that's a wired mouse? Didn't you just say you wanted wireless?
Reply Quote
Got the death adder from Razer and it's great for Starcraft 2
Reply Quote
Ignore the haters Starbird.

Twin eye sensor is extremely good unless you do a lot of lifting, which if you play on high sensititivy and don't have ogre hands you won't do.

I play Team Fortress 2 pretty damn well and tons of other games and I adore this mouse. It feels weighty and super responsive and I notice a lot less wireless lag.

Also you say you had a G9x. But that's a wired mouse? Didn't you just say you wanted wireless?

Hahahaha I'm so confused now.

My hands are pretty average and as I've said I don't think I ever lift at all. I play very few shooters as a rule, closest I get is probably Mass Effect. This is basically a Diablo 3 mouse for me.

Oh, the G9x was my mouse for a long time, but the wire annoyed the stuffing out of me. I had a wireless mouse before that which I adored and want my new one to be wireless.

You say the wireless on the RAT is better?
Reply Quote
I've been using a rat7 for a few months and I have not noticed any issues. I like how you can customize it to the shape of your hand. I haven't really used the advanced features since I don't play shooters but from what I've heard being able to just half your dpi for precise aiming works well. I haven't had the issues others are saying with lifting the mouse but I don't play too many intense shooters anymore (mostly just TF2). I have used it in tons of other games with no issues...including the D3 beta.
Reply Quote
Well, the plot thickens. There is a really good offer for a RAT 9 on Rakuten (Japanese Amazon essentially). Can get the mouse for about 100$.

So very, very tempted....
Reply Quote
Im still using an Logitech G5
Reply Quote
RMA'd my glitchy g7 and they sent me a g700. Just got it in the mail today, might not even use it yet since I'll be destroying it with clicking in the coming months.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I own a rat9. I don't recommend it at all, unless you are an FPS fanatic.

I don't use it. As a wireless mouse goes, it has a LOT of customization in terms of dpi, mode settings, and on-the-fly changes. I tested it last week to verify that it does still work, and I'll be finding a new home for it soon. The learning curve for using it, as well as the range of potential uses, just doesn't fit with what I need a mouse for.

If I were a hardcore FPS player, I might make more use of it. However, as a general RPG player, I haven't found a lot of use for it over my Razer Naga - the rat9 is a HEAVY mouse. If you're not used it that kind of thing, it can wreak havoc on your wrist.
Edited by Alsier#1102 on 4/17/2012 10:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have the Coolermaster Storm Inferno. It's an amazing mouse with 5 customized sensitivities that can go up to 4000 dpi.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
04/17/2012 10:23 PMPosted by Soulakham
I have the Coolermaster Storm Inferno. It's an amazing mouse with 5 customized sensitivities that can go up to 4000 dpi.

I had done some research on that one. I think I may end up getting it for D3's release. It looks *fantastic*
Reply Quote

I had done some research on that one. I think I may end up getting it for D3's release. It looks *fantastic*

Anyone got any reports on this mouse?

Even pricier than the RAT and doesn't look as cool.
Edited by Starbird#1487 on 4/17/2012 10:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/17/2012 09:30 PMPosted by QoOkie
Razor DeathAdder over here.

Same here, using it for the 5th year in a row and the glowing symbol on the mouse base still looks amazing and hasn't rubbed off at all. I spend about 5-6 hours a day using that mouse and it still works like new.

Mind you I never have dropped it or slammed it in frustration in all that time. Even my greasy fingers haven't rubbed anything off.

That being said, I havn't been to impressed with their recent headsets and the current mouse with 9 buttons on the side seems like way overkill, but I'm still living in the past.
Reply Quote
Naga... But I doubt we need that many binds in D3 but I'm just too used to it now.
Reply Quote
04/17/2012 10:30 PMPosted by Starbird

Looks good. But it's wired. You said you wanted wireless?
Reply Quote

Looks good. But it's wired. You said you wanted wireless?

I would really, really prefer wireless. But the macro abilities on the Inferno are just gorgeous. Rage!

Oh man this is making me bummed out now. I *hate* having to choose things like this because I really don't want to be stuck with something I dislike. Rgh.
Reply Quote
Steelseries XAI, purchased 2 years ago, before it was announced the official Diablo 3 mouse. Great mouse for Starcraft 2 btw.
Reply Quote
I have had no problems with my Razer Death Adder. All personal preference and comfort though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]