Diablo® III

Ridiculously High Damage Build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UdgVTQ!gbh!aYaZZc

Multishot with arsenal and ballistics = 435% weapon damage per shot..

Everything else maximizes hatred generation.
Free vault as crutch escape.
Can dump 150 hatred 2x in a very short time with Preparation + Punishment.

This build looks.. amazing, lol. I don't see how any other build can even touch this build in terms of raw damage output.
Reply Quote
1) You have to be right next to the enemy to hit him with multi-shot and the rockets and to hit with grenade. You have 1 crappy lifesteal that costs a lot of discipline and 1 escape that you can't use more than once every 15 seconds. You're going to get eaten alive by mobs.
2) There is no guarantee that it's going to shoot all 3 rockets at the same target even if its the only one in range (I would almost guarantee that it is not).
3) It costs 40 hatred to cast Multishot once so you're going to be using Grenades A LOT which is crappy damage.
4) You might have decent burst at the beginning, but once preparation is on its 45 second cooldown and you use Shadow Power twice (only netting you 24 hatred anyways) and are out of discipline, you're stuck without any hatred.

This build won't suck early but once you get into tougher modes / acts you're going to get ripped apart from having to stand so close to use grenades and multishot with zero escapes, slows, or disables.
Reply Quote
I got a question, the animation of the multishot looks like, if you are close enough, a single target can get shot multiple times? does the dmg counted as per arrow?
just have a look how dense the arrows are, and the angle is kinda narrow, if this is true, then this could do a multi-thousands % weapon dmg easily...
Reply Quote
I got a question, the animation of the multishot looks like, if you are close enough, a single target can get shot multiple times? does the dmg counted as per arrow?
just have a look how dense the arrows are, and the angle is kinda narrow, if this is true, then this could do a multi-thousands % weapon dmg easily...

The animation is irrelevant. Damage is not calculated per arrow. As the tooltip reads, it hits enemies in the area for 165% damage. There is an invisible cone in front of your character (same size as the animation) and anyone inside it gets hit for the 165%. If you watch the videos on Multishot you can see that everyone in the cone gets hit. Even if they were hiding behind another enemy that should have blocked the arrows.
Reply Quote

The animation is irrelevant. Damage is not calculated per arrow. As the tooltip reads, it hits enemies in the area for 165% damage. There is an invisible cone in front of your character (same size as the animation) and anyone inside it gets hit for the 165%. If you watch the videos on Multishot you can see that everyone in the cone gets hit. Even if they were hiding behind another enemy that should have blocked the arrows.

thanx for the clarification, I thought it should be this way, ow it's way too powerful
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

This build looks.. amazing, lol. I don't see how any other build can even touch this build in terms of raw damage output.

Actually it's 255% (165 + 60*1.5) damage to 3 targets and 165 to all the others. Not super impressive; an entire build based around MS is a bad idea.
Edited by Tachycardia#1921 on 4/18/2012 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Actually it's 255% (165 + 60*1.5) damage to 3 targets and 165 to all the others. Not super impressive; an entire build based around MS is a bad idea.

Its 3 rockets that can all hit the same target. Learn to read?

Also, multishot isn't short range.. idk where ur gettin ur info.
Reply Quote
1) You have to be right next to the enemy to hit him with multi-shot and the rockets and to hit with grenade. You have 1 crappy lifesteal that costs a lot of discipline and 1 escape that you can't use more than once every 15 seconds. You're going to get eaten alive by mobs.
2) There is no guarantee that it's going to shoot all 3 rockets at the same target even if its the only one in range (I would almost guarantee that it is not).
3) It costs 40 hatred to cast Multishot once so you're going to be using Grenades A LOT which is crappy damage.
4) You might have decent burst at the beginning, but once preparation is on its 45 second cooldown and you use Shadow Power twice (only netting you 24 hatred anyways) and are out of discipline, you're stuck without any hatred.

This build won't suck early but once you get into tougher modes / acts you're going to get ripped apart from having to stand so close to use grenades and multishot with zero escapes, slows, or disables.

1) No you don't.. Stop making up stuff? You can multishot at a good distance away.

2) They dont have to hit the same target.. The point is that you have great AoE with multishot and great single target damage with the 3 rockets.

3) You'd get 7 hatred a second and 1 grenade is 8 hatred. So you can multishot at least once every 3 seconds, with out including any health globes u pick up for 20 bonus hatred or prep or shadow power.

4) That argument is ridiculous. Do you understand how many times you'd be spamming multishot before you're COMPLETELY out of resources? Furthermore, you do get resources back every second... Haters gonna hate ;)edit;

edit:
Also, 20% lifesteal with bonus hatred is not 'crappy'. Maybe in noobsville beta where your damage is pitiful compared to your hp size.. it seems like not much. But in inferno mode.. are you kidding me? 20% will be amazing.

edit2:
You didn't even read preparation.. it has no cooldown with that rune. Fail.
Edited by Finruin on 4/18/2012 9:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
edit2:

That's about the only part of that argument that I agree with. Although 25 discipline kind of makes it hard to spam... ya know... since you only regenerate 1 every second and you're splitting your discipline between that and Shadow Power (costs 14) without any spells to get it back. And if your companion dies. Yeah good luck with that.

Multishot is not good single target damage and you do have to be relatively close to hit a target with it. And don't even try to tell me you can be far away and throw grenades. They've got the shortest range of any DH spell aside from self-casts. Also show me where the rockets on multishot all hit the same person. It says nearby enemies not enemy. Like the Cluster Arrow rune that specifies that the rockets will only shoot if there are enough enemies for each rocket to hit a different one. It's much more likely that multishot is like that than that all three rockets will be ableaim at the same enemy.

Also you never really argued against the survivability aspect, maybe because you can't? You're saying that you can do everything with that build but you simply can't. If you want to actually have good burst you need to use preparation to exhaust nearly all your discipline to refill your hatred. Then how are you going to use Shadow Power? Or what if your companion dies midfight and now you're at 4 hatred per second. Are you going to waste more discipline re-casting him? You can't have a good portion of your damage and your survivability all tied into the slowest regenerating resource in the game. Also Shadow Power is not an excuse for survivability. You'll be lucky to get off 1, maybe 2 of them for four seconds of lifesteal and then still be right next to the mob. Now you won't have any discipline to use Preparation and once the lifesteal is up you're going to get eaten alive.
Reply Quote
Azmodon, Diablo, Mephy, Baal, and Carl are all resistant to the skill Multishot. Furthermore using Multishot will actually heal their HP. Good luck! ;D
Reply Quote
for farming and leveling i'm going to try this one

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aVXQZT!Yeb!bZbbZZ

i feel this is the best! i call it ...wonderbreads hizztastic build
Edited by WonderBread#1675 on 4/18/2012 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
edit2:

That's about the only part of that argument that I agree with. Although 25 discipline kind of makes it hard to spam... ya know... since you only regenerate 1 every second and you're splitting your discipline between that and Shadow Power (costs 14) without any spells to get it back. And if your companion dies. Yeah good luck with that.

Multishot is not good single target damage and you do have to be relatively close to hit a target with it. And don't even try to tell me you can be far away and throw grenades. They've got the shortest range of any DH spell aside from self-casts. Also show me where the rockets on multishot all hit the same person. It says nearby enemies not enemy. Like the Cluster Arrow rune that specifies that the rockets will only shoot if there are enough enemies for each rocket to hit a different one. It's much more likely that multishot is like that than that all three rockets will be ableaim at the same enemy.

Also you never really argued against the survivability aspect, maybe because you can't? You're saying that you can do everything with that build but you simply can't. If you want to actually have good burst you need to use preparation to exhaust nearly all your discipline to refill your hatred. Then how are you going to use Shadow Power? Or what if your companion dies midfight and now you're at 4 hatred per second. Are you going to waste more discipline re-casting him? You can't have a good portion of your damage and your survivability all tied into the slowest regenerating resource in the game. Also Shadow Power is not an excuse for survivability. You'll be lucky to get off 1, maybe 2 of them for four seconds of lifesteal and then still be right next to the mob. Now you won't have any discipline to use Preparation and once the lifesteal is up you're going to get eaten alive.

Ok, where are you getting this "multishot has a short range" bs? No one (other than bliz) has used multishot and you have no clue what the range actually is. Don't even quote the DH video because that's old as hell.

The point of the build is ridiculous DPS. I never said it is the "ultimate build for everything". Ok, you don't think it has good survivability. So what? I -never- said it had amazing survivability. I said ridiculous damage. Again, learn to read?

The majority of your argument is based on 'what ifs' and nonsense that you made up. My point stands that this build has probably the highest damage of almost any build.
Reply Quote
Ok, where are you getting this "multishot has a short range" bs? No one (other than bliz) has used multishot and you have no clue what the range actually is. Don't even quote the DH video because that's old as hell.

LOL. It's not that old. The only places it is wrong is where changes were explicitly stated (such as Shadow Power changes). You say I make up stuff by quoting basing my assumptions on a video Blizzard released and has given no indications that multishot is at all different from what it looked like in said video, but you're perfectly fine saying they ninja changed its ranged to be much larger. Irony?

The point of the build is ridiculous DPS. I never said it is the "ultimate build for everything". Ok, you don't think it has good survivability. So what? I -never- said it had amazing survivability. I said ridiculous damage. Again, learn to read?

04/18/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Finruin
My point stands that this build has probably the highest damage of almost any build.

And ridiculous damage it does not have (even if it did you can't do dps lying face down on the floor now can you?). You're making up stuff by saying that multishot with the rocket rune can hit all the rockets on a single target when they simply won't. No other spell functions that way and if it did, yeah it would be overpowered. Do you really think Blizzard just overlooked the fact that Multishot would be insanely good (the best) single target with that rune? They've been internally testing this game for over a year, you'd think they would have caught that. You're going to have one rocket hit the target along with the original effect for a total of 255% damage at the cost of 40 hatred. Not terrible, but nowhere near "ridiculous amazing best damage ever." Show me any justification for why all 3 rockets will home in on the same target and I will admit that Blizzard somehow overlooked a major design flaw and all their internal testers and developers should be fired for being so idiotic as to make an AoE spell the best single target ability.
Edited by Threllen#1475 on 4/18/2012 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote

LOL. It's not that old. The only places it is wrong is where changes were explicitly stated (such as Shadow Power changes). You say I make up stuff by quoting basing my assumptions on a video Blizzard released and has given no indications that multishot is at all different from what it looked like in said video, but you're perfectly fine saying they ninja changed its ranged to be much larger. Irony?

You're making assumptions about the range of the ability based off of a short teaser video and never playing the game. You have no evidence that it is a close ranged ability. Just because in the video monsters are close to the DH, doesn't mean that it can only be used close ranged. If you don't understand that, you don't know what logic is.

And ridiculous damage it does not have (even if it did you can't do dps lying face down on the floor now can you?). You're making up stuff by saying that multishot with the rocket rune can hit all the rockets on a single target when they simply won't. No other spell functions that way and if it did, yeah it would be overpowered. Do you really think Blizzard just overlooked the fact that Multishot would be insanely good (the best) single target with that rune? They've been internally testing this game for over a year, you'd think they would have caught that. You're going to have one rocket hit the target along with the original effect for a total of 255% damage at the cost of 40 hatred. Not terrible, but nowhere near "ridiculous amazing best damage ever." Show me any justification for why all 3 rockets will home in on the same target and I will admit that Blizzard somehow overlooked a major design flaw and all their internal testers and developers should be fired for being so idiotic as to make an AoE spell the best single target ability.

I guess you still haven't learned how to read. "Fires 3 rockets at nearby enemies." As in, if will fire 3 rockets. At nearby enemies. 3 rockets.

Or in other words, it fires 3 rockets.

Each of the (3) rockets will home in on an enemy.

Do you get it yet? /sigh
Reply Quote
Haven't seen how the rune works in game, but I feel that it has the possibility of doing exactly that. From how it's stated in the rune itself, it says it will fire 3 rockets, meaning 3 rockets is a fact, since it doesn't say "up to three rockets". Also, yeah, it says at nearby enemies, but given the scenario when there's only one enemy unit left, I don't think the other two just disappear, or don't fire at all. And at the cost of about a third of your max hatred per single skill use, I think it very well may be the 165% base + 3 x 60%. 345% damage (without regards to passives and any other damage amplifier) at specific times, meaning it won't happen at EVERY SHOT, only at shots where there's exactly only one enemy unit remaining, thus it doesn't seem over powered at all. 1/3rd bard of hatred for 345% on one monster sounds completely fair. Sure, if you wanna drop two damn passive spots to buff that single skill more, it can get much stronger, but at a cost of all the other great passives out there. So imo, it's still balanced. If this skill is OP in anyway because it deals that much to a single target and Blizzard should fix it, shouldn't blizzard fix all the other large% single or AoE targeting skills?
Edited by Luxy#1129 on 4/18/2012 10:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/18/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Finruin
Each of the (3) rockets will home in on an enemy.

That is the leap you're making that isn't on the tooltip and you're using it as proof that all three rockets can hit a single target. It never says home and it never says that all 3 rockets will fire at the same enemy if its the only one nearby.

You're making assumptions about the range of the ability based off of a short teaser video and never playing the game. You have no evidence that it is a close ranged ability. Just because in the video monsters are close to the DH, doesn't mean that it can only be used close ranged. If you don't understand that, you don't know what logic is.

Actually they use multishot pretty extensively in the DH video that is up on the darkness falls website. You can hit a few enemies from a decent distance, but you need to be close to use it effectively. Don't forget also that the rocket rune says "nearby" enemies. That is no guarantee that it can hit someone at the very edge of the cone.Anyways, I'm done here. You can't argue with stupid. If you really think you've found the god ability that somehow slipped through the devs cracks and will be the absolute best spell in the game, you can keep on thinking that.
Edited by Threllen#1475 on 4/19/2012 12:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/18/2012 10:32 PMPosted by SiK
So imo, it's still balanced. If this skill is OP in anyway because it deals that much to a single target and Blizzard should fix it, shouldn't blizzard fix all the other large% single or AoE targeting skills?

DH isn't the only class in game. No other class has the ability to consistently use a single target ability that hits for 345+% damage and is also their best AoE. You can't just say well since multishot could possibly hit for so much, we should just buff every other single target ability in the game. That would throw their whole balancing system of enemy health way off. I don't doubt that it could still shoot 3 rockets if there is only one nearby enemy, but there is no way they will all shoot at the same target. It would be way too powerful.
Edited by Threllen#1475 on 4/19/2012 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't doubt that it could still shoot 3 rockets if there is only one nearby enemy, but there is no way they will all shoot at the same target. It would be way too powerful.

That is a horrible argument.

By the way, the % damage to hatred ratio is still pretty bad if you compare it to a skill like elemental arrow or chakram.

at 435% damage for 40 hatred, the ratio is just over 10% damage per hatred.

Chakram can hit 20% damage per hatred.

The thing is, multishot can dump 300 hatred a LOT faster than chakram can.However, for sustained dps, I think a skill like chakram might win out... but this would only happen in fights over 3 minutes long.. and thats standing still and firing off skills nonstop. (aka, never).
Reply Quote
This entire argument is ridiculous. Yes, this skill set would do some pretty ridiculous damage. It wont work in PVP because once a melee person catches you, there is no getting away (no cc, 15sec escape). Same thing in PVE, many mobs aren't just gonna be in a cone waiting for you to use this skill, and your only positioning skill has a 15 sec cooldown (might wanna save for escape instead of positioning). This is probably the greatest skill if you are in that PERFECT SITUATION, but 99% of the time it will be a waste.
Reply Quote
04/19/2012 02:22 PMPosted by D3BETA
This entire argument is ridiculous. Yes, this skill set would do some pretty ridiculous damage. It wont work in PVP because once a melee person catches you, there is no getting away (no cc, 15sec escape). Same thing in PVE, many mobs aren't just gonna be in a cone waiting for you to use this skill, and your only positioning skill has a 15 sec cooldown (might wanna save for escape instead of positioning). This is probably the greatest skill if you are in that PERFECT SITUATION, but 99% of the time it will be a waste.

The point of the build is ridiculous DPS. I never said it is the "ultimate build for everything". Ok, you don't think it has good survivability. So what? I -never- said it had amazing survivability. I said ridiculous damage.

GrimxReaperx, your argument is invalid LOL. this thread went off topic long ago. Obviously no one agrees that this build will work anywhere. The OP just pointed out a build that supposedly maximized damage output with Multishot.
The rest of the debate is on the skill Multishot itself.

many mobs aren't just gonna be in a cone waiting for you to use this skill
Kiting like you do in !@#$ zombies works efficiently every single time so far in beta, and if you DO encounter any mob too big to run by, vault over them. DGAF about 15 sec CD cuz you'll have your positioning easily. :)

Also, too lazy to comment on LtShaft. Your reply is arguing many things that I didn't even say, or hint. I don't find the need to justify this point anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]