Diablo® III

So...are solo players going to get screwed?

86 Draenei Hunter
04/19/2012 07:08 AMPosted by RavenAsh
I am in the same boat as OP and share his hopes.
Another thing to keep in mind is that if you're into the item hunt and magic find, you will actually be BETTER OFF (theoretically) playing solo.

Solo:
You keep ALL of your MF.
You can use a Hireling and give him MF gear to boost your own MF.

Multiplayer:
Your MF gets averaged with everyone else in the party (DPS leechers... harumph...).
You cannot use a Hireling.

That sounds great, because I can only stand a limited amount of group play with 3 complete strangers, and I just like doing what I want when I want to.
Reply Quote
Another thing to keep in mind is that if you're into the item hunt and magic find, you will actually be BETTER OFF (theoretically) playing solo.

Solo:
You keep ALL of your MF.

Multiplayer:
Your MF gets averaged with everyone else in the party (DPS leechers... harumph...).

This is false. Here's a counter:

Play with a friend:
Get double the drops! Share your loot! Even if MF is split, the overall chances are higher with more drops (since they are individualized).

L2Math, next L2Play
The MF split is fine.
Reply Quote
single player game can be played with a single player.

/sips coffee

Bad troll is bad.

Humor. Do you speak it?
Reply Quote
Your progress speed should be slower than groups and should slow down after normal diffulty, but the whole game should be soloable.

+ you don't have to wait till level 40 to get your only viable damage skill.
Reply Quote

Solo:
You keep ALL of your MF.

Multiplayer:

This is false. Here's a counter:

Play with a friend:
Get double the drops! Share your loot! Even if MF is split, the overall chances are higher with more drops (since they are individualized).

L2Math, next L2Play
The MF split is fine.

I guess he forgot to mention the link between the two. You kill things faster in a group. So, no real difference.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
There's a few key differences and features that should help you out:

• Level cap is 60, and is paced out to be something you hit around when you beat Hell difficulty
    You can absolutely hit level 60 playing alone
  • If you're struggling at some point you'll of course want to evaluate your gear, skill, rune, and passive selections to ensure you can't make any improvements or changes
  • There's an awesome matchmaking system for co-op whereby you select what quest you want to play, hit a button, and we automatically match you with other people who are at the same point in the game. You can make some new friends from there, add them to your list, and begin to build a friends list of people you want to keep playing with
Reply Quote
04/19/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Bashiok
There's an awesome matchmaking system for co-op whereby you select what quest you want to play, hit a button, and we automatically match you with other people who are at the same point in the game.

Awesome is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?
Reply Quote
I think you were playing Diablo 2 wrong. You needed to grind up to level 40ish at the end of Act V normal before going into Nightmare. (Whether this was good design or not is another matter.) In D3 just make sure you're at the right part of the game for your gear/level. If it's taking too long to gain a level, try farming an earlier part of the game until you level up or finder better loot.
Reply Quote
04/19/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Apples
There's an awesome matchmaking system for co-op whereby you select what quest you want to play, hit a button, and we automatically match you with other people who are at the same point in the game.

Lol, how do you like dem Apples?
Reply Quote
04/19/2012 12:04 PMPosted by D3BETA
Games by quest isn't awesome.

I think its much better then the D2 system.
Reply Quote
Bashiok what if we want to play with developers or in game gm's ?
wait does this game have gm's?

By the way I loved the imp avatar but what the heck is the one you are using?
Edited by Vertigo101#1370 on 4/19/2012 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Indeed, you can solo your way up to level 60.
Reply Quote
26 Draenei Shaman
04/19/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Bashiok
There's an awesome matchmaking system for co-op whereby you select what quest you want to play, hit a button, and we automatically match you with other people who are at the same point in the game. You can make some new friends from there, add them to your list, and begin to build a friends list of people you want to keep playing with

im sure ill make just as many friends as i did with the great community building tools LFD and LFR
Reply Quote
04/19/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Apples

Will be interesting to find friends via the awesome matchmaking system considering the awesome chat integration.
Reply Quote
I think the OP is asking if you can hit 60 solo in a reasonable amount of time.

If you play Co-op, will you level up a lot faster than solo?

In D2, you could level up REAL fast in a group. But if you only played solo, it would take much much longer to level up due to the lack of the EXP boost in solo games.
Reply Quote
An organized team of 4 people complementing each other builds will most likely go much faster than a soloist, but in a random group where people stay silent and just do whatever they want... Not so much faster I would say, if not even slower than solo!

All this is quite obvious though isn't it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]