Diablo® III

What time will diablo 3 be released in aus?

I personally pre-purchased diablo 3 onto my computer already downloaded, and my only question that I currently have is what time will the servers hit online here in Australia? since were ahead in time it only makes sense to me that we have to wait until the 16th not the 15th to be playing, what is everyones thoughts on this?
Reply Quote
We will know soon enough, though the thread that said this has mysteriously disappeared.

Since we are on the NA server, it's most likely to be 5pm AEST May 15 which is equal to the midnight launch in NA.

If it launches midnight local for us, there would be millions of pissed off Americans.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the quick reply. It has dissapeared off to the next page, I eventually found the info so i apologize for reposting this question up as initially I didn't see it.

Just to make it fair in my opinion I think they will release it on time with the americans for everyone, as everyone plays on the us server they have to go by the same rules as all the other americans, i dont think australians would get any special previliges to be able to play earlier.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
We will know soon enough, though the thread that said this has mysteriously disappeared.

Since we are on the NA server, it's most likely to be 5pm AEST May 15 which is equal to the midnight launch in NA.

If it launches midnight local for us, there would be millions of pissed off Americans.

lol that was the case for WoW BC, got like 18 hours on some of them, lawls.

yea i would have thought we would have to wait until like tuesdays the 15th afternoon/evening to play if its a may 15th midnight launch.
Reply Quote
What's the point in releasing a game that people can't play though?! It's idiotic... I asked my local EB many moons ago if there'd be a midnight release they said yeah definitely, so I have now taken that time off work in readiness for the game only to be told American's would cry so we better not let you guys play it first... Wouldn't it be better to get a guage on server load etc with just Aussies / NZ etc so when everyone in the states jumps on it doesn't crash and lag for 3 days while they try get their !@#$ in order... Anyone here involved with CoD Elite?? Annoying

End Rant
Reply Quote
Of course we won't get any privileges over the Americans. I mean, we can't even get our own servers for crying out loud!

We are paying extra because we're exploitable, not because we're going to get a midnight release.
Reply Quote
Blizzard did say the times in regional areas like Australia the servers will be turned on will be announced later in the week. But the post saying this was removed from the forums.

As for picking up your game box, ask your game store what time you can pick it up from them. I for one will be walking into EB the week before and asking what time the D3 boxes be available for pickup. Because I want to there on the dot to get mine.

04/19/2012 12:06 AMPosted by Priest
What's the point in releasing a game that people can't play though?!

Lots of reasons. The main one being retailers have a bad habit of releasing the game days before it's supposed to be released. Same for music too. So the fact no one can play the game till the day makes these early releases of the game box by immoral game retailers pretty moot. You'll just have your unplayable game a few days before everyone else. And it will only be playable on the day.
Edited by the8thark#1241 on 4/19/2012 7:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
dam australia, y u gotta be so far ahead?
Reply Quote
australia Rocks
Reply Quote
5pm for syndey i think
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
NZ ROCKS!
Reply Quote
5pm SYD
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Really? as if people are still asking this question as to when the servers go up!
Reply Quote
the servers for aussy go up in 4 hours. from new zealand here, i was confused due to the timezone difference to pst which is like 19 hours behind NZ
Reply Quote
2:20 to left!
Reply Quote
cnt wait to play xD !!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]