Diablo® III

Help me deside to play the WD

As title says, Convince me to play the WD in you own words ( i'm tore between sorc and WD)
Reply Quote
Well, considering sorc is from D2 and WD is from D3...

More seriously, I'd suggest that WD has more room for variation in the way you play the character. WD has pets that can engage enemies and take damage, crowd control, damage over time spells and a number of interesting passives which affect your main resource (mana.) If that appeals to you then play WD.
Reply Quote
Did you like the necromancer in D2? If so, play the witchdoctor.

Basically it comes down to this. Are you okay with a class that is half based on summoning pets that are all insta-gibbed by every boss? Do you like damage over time, or do you like to do your damage up front?

There are exceptions obviously, as the WD does have some up front damage skills and he can be played with no summons, but both of those things seem to be more of the Wizard's forte.
Reply Quote
Very simple.

The ONLY thing Wizards (as previously mentioned, "sorc" is not a class in D3) bring to a group besides dps (which EVERY other class brings as well) is snaring (reducing movement speed) via the Temporal Flux passive.

NO group healing
NO group damage reduction
Reply Quote
We get the coolest head armor in the game.
Edited by Farmer#1465 on 4/18/2012 10:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, considering sorc is from D2 and WD is from D3...

More seriously, I'd suggest that WD has more room for variation in the way you play the character. WD has pets that can engage enemies and take damage, crowd control, damage over time spells and a number of interesting passives which affect your main resource (mana.) If that appeals to you then play WD.

QFT.

The one thing the Witch Doctor has going for him (since i feel the powers aren't as fun or flashy as the monk/barb/wiz) is that the amount of builds you can make are truly shaming the other classes. The other classes have quite a few powers, but it comes down to which one is the most powerful/biggest area.

The witch doctor's powers were better designed to have the same relative power, but vastly differing secondary effects(and thats not counting the runes which multiply that sixfold). Also, the WD will have way more survivability and versatility in group play. The Wiz will really only throw his spells and hope the enemies die before they get to you.

But really, it comes down to what you like about each class. People should pick what is most fun. Wizard for kiting and AoE power and flashiness, or WD for versatility, build diversity, and longevity.
Edited by NeckRomancin#1308 on 4/19/2012 8:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This class doesn't rely on pets at all if u want it to, then it does... But that being said, do u like fire/ice/arcane more then dead/shadow/voodish spells? Personally I've been burned out of the wizard type classes so I'm choosing wd, then barb later. And as for people saying which are better, no class is more Op then the other atm, they all have there strengths and weaknesses. Also as a wd IMO you have much more choices. And way more survivability, sorc have more mobility but wd's can take more hits. We can have pets, a ton of pets, or no pets at all. Also the sorc armour to me is lame, wd looks awesome :) Ps; hope to see you in game 1 day, and sorry for the terrible spelling ( I failed it >.< ).
Reply Quote
Try both! See which one fits your play-style. The wizard is much more about straight up burst firepower and mobility, with minimal protection, the classic glass cannon. The witch doctor is more varied, having debuffs, pets, DOT damage and, yes, some straight up, raw firepower.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]