Diablo® III

NO MID NIGHT LAUNCHES for AUS

just got confirmation from EB games, there will not have a mid night launches but a morning launches at 7:00AM 15/05/2012.
Reply Quote
Is that from just one store or their head office?
Reply Quote
Is there a reason for the 7am launch? I was under the impression we can play from 5pm (Sydney).
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
Screw getting out of bed at 7am -.- I'll just head out there around 9am-10am when all shops are open and do my stocking up then
Reply Quote
I'll be waking up as late as possible that day so I can last as long as possible at night.

7am is stupidly early. Oh and I just went to my gaming store today to check up on my CE and they said they're not sure what they're going to do yet in regards to the midnight launch, they'll wait till they get more info from Blizzard.

Although we all know what's going to happen :P
Reply Quote
Is this your EB store @ 7am? Or every store @ 7am?
Reply Quote
25 Troll Hunter
Who would want to pick the game up at midnight, anyway? The servers aren't up until mid-afternoon on the 15th. Just hit the store at lunch or after work/school.
Edited by Tziluthi#1545 on 4/19/2012 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Surprised they're not doing a 5pm launch and keeping the store open late.

Pretty handy though I guess, be able to install the game and have it ready to go as soon as servers go live rather than waiting for the encryption key on the downloaded version.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
@

04/19/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Ferastin
Who would want to pick the game up at midnight, anyway? The servers aren't up until mid-afternoon on the 15th. Just hit the store at lunch or after work/school.

How sure are you Ferastin that servers are up mid afternoon on 15th of May?
Reply Quote

This
Reply Quote
@

How sure are you Ferastin that servers are up mid afternoon on 15th of May?

99% sure.

I'd say 100%, except for some reason they want to do an 'announcement about launch times very soon'. However I still expect nothing to change, noting the facts that:

~Australia is defaulted to the NA server.
~NA server is going live at midnight PST (west coast US)

What MAY be possible is that other servers (e.g asia, europe) will go live on their own respective midnights.
Edited by EMT#6206 on 4/19/2012 11:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus

I think your confusing which midnight. For example wow tbc. Its 5:10, the midnight release has happened. EB is open for another 20 minutes. No sale. No midnight sale that night either, but they will sell it at 8am or whatever on the 16th...

Digital Purchase all the way. EB have sucked too many times.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Im just going to be getting the game at the same time or 30 mins b4 servers go live
Reply Quote
Pfffft. Stuff that. I'm just gonna play it on the weekend so all the crazies that get it the first day of launch won't be clogging the servers. I'm happy to wait a couple of days...seriously.
Reply Quote
I was told today by the guy at EB Games that there willl definitely be a midnight launch.

edit: It annoys the crap out of my that I have to wait till the US wake up before I can play though.
Edited by Cujo#1162 on 4/25/2012 12:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/25/2012 06:24 AMPosted by Senki
Theres not much point getting up at 7am to go pick it up as you won't be able to play until 12amPDT which is 5pm EST in aus.

Not so. That's lots of hours to read/watch the CE content and get ready for game time. And also some people enjoy that arriving at opening time feeling.
Reply Quote
04/25/2012 06:24 AMPosted by Senki
Theres not much point getting up at 7am to go pick it up as you won't be able to play until 12amPDT which is 5pm EST in aus.

Jesus, you mean I'll get less than 12 hours to play before I fly out of the country the next day?

Gonna have DT shakes mate, 15+ hour plane ride to Canada, 3 months in a part with limited internet access.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Thats a shame, I went to the SC2 Midnight release in Brisbane and had a great time, was really hoping there would be another event like that with blizzard staff ect again for D3. Oh well.
Reply Quote
I just called GAME at NSW Broadway Sydney, they said they will definitely do a mid night launch event, details should come out a week before release.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]