Diablo® III

WD naked hardcore run with weap and shield

ok not totally naked, but it is a good way to really challenge yourself and learn the ins and outs of a class. I'm about a third of the way through with my WD and using a lot of the grasp of the dead and positioning myself.
Reply Quote
I was going to wait until 10 for Jungle Fortitude but decided to give it a shot at 9 with a protection buff from a shrine, was a little hairy, took forever and got like 4 magic and 2 rare drops from him.

What is up with getting mega loot the first time you down a boss, is this standard? I just assumed it was due to a high level gap between player and boss, but now I am thinking you will just get better loot the first time you down him. I have stacked MF gear and it does not seem to make a difference when comparing against the drops received at the first encounter.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
04/19/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Vixen
I have stacked MF gear and it does not seem to make a difference when comparing against the drops received at the first encounter.

This is intentional, blizzard wants to move away from boss farming and instead make the entire game worth playing. You get a lot more with your first kill, usually 1 yellow, and then just one or 2 blues with each subsequent kill so it's just as efficient to hunt champion packs.
Edited by ALittleHazey#1268 on 4/19/2012 2:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
As well as usually getting a rare on your first kill, a class item (dagger/mojo) normally drops as well.
Reply Quote
Already done without shield, only the beginning stuff and it was still too easy, until i fight Leoric and... die :D
Take a lot of potion if you want to try Leoric level 7 and naked.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
04/19/2012 03:16 PMPosted by sconnell
a class item (dagger/mojo) normally drops as well

normally being the operative word, my first sk kill with a barb netted me 2 one haand axes, magic and rare, and a magic pair of shoes. No mightly weapon or bigass belt.
Edited by ALittleHazey#1268 on 4/20/2012 7:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]